On Today's Episode of Community Corner... A deep dive into our new WebRTC's improvements, a way to play the Fire Emblem TTRPG on Roll20, a new episode of Roll20 What's Up and more goodies for you to design the perfect game from our marketplace! Dig in! Developer Spotlight WebRTC Improved stability on initial connection Bugfix that would sometimes cause WebRTC buttons to stop working after refreshing the page Minor adjustments to whisper logic to account for edge cases Two new Tabletop Audio tracks "Open Ocean" and "Halfling Festival" Fixed translation in FX Tool's aiming prompt Updates to backend maintenance processes Bugfix for Compendium next page functionality and recategorized pages Updates to Marketplace styling and polish Hi Rollers, Steve K here. Let's talk video and voice chat. From the earliest days of Roll20 we've provided an integrated video and voice chat, an ambitious goal that to my knowledge no other Virtual Table Top (VTT) provides. Where other VTTs relied on 3rd party VoIP options like Skype or Discord, we wanted to make sure there was a way for you and your friends to see each other's faces, their body language, while gaming. After all a major part of the original tabletop experience was sitting around a table, hanging out with your friends. Video chat is the closest we can get to emulating that feeling with our current technology. After an initial period integrating Google Hangouts, we reviewed our options and other 3rd party services and different technologies, and settled on the relatively new WebRTC technology. It had just been adopted by Chrome and Firefox, our two officially supported browsers. It was something we could host ourselves, have control over user experience and features, and could provide to all users for free. Unfortunately... we didn't stick the landing. Our first version of WebRTC had a pretty high upload bandwidth requirement that caused the chat to regularly fail for some users. We took what we had learned, what was working and what wasn't, and did a deep dive into WebRTC. We invested a lot of development hours to implement some very low level tools to give us much better information and control over how calls were being made and their stability. You can see that hard work in our redesigned WebRTC that went live with the 3 Million User update. Improvements include bandwidth requirements being a fraction of what they once were, massively improved stability, and loads of new features. Including fine tuned bandwidth controls, audio/video only options, input/output/webcam device selection, GM whispering to have private video chat conversations with select players, adjustable avatar/video placement to put videos anywhere you choose on your screen, pause your camera feed, self mute, individual player volume controls, and more. Check out the wiki for more details . I'm really proud of our new WebRTC. If you've never tried it or haven't tried it in a while, do give the new WebRTC a go. Let us know what you think. As always we want to hear your opinions. And until next week, happy rolling! Steve Koontz Roll20 Lead Designer Community Highlights Character Sheets There's a Fire Emblem character sheet Fire Emblem Tabletop (by Xeohelios) AND a Fire Emblem Tabletop Combat Script to go with it! This sheet/script combination is a great example of how Roll20 can make very complicated systems much simpler to play. The sheet looks slick to boot! On the Marketplace Each week, Dean - our Licensing & Marketplace Coordinator - presents some of their favorite packs submitted by our independent artist community: Fantasy Set #1 by MiniMinions Both in life and in games I always find myself falling in love with all the super cute monsters. MiniMinions is a brand new seller on Roll20, and I'm already into everything they do! Check out their first 3 Fantasy Sets and feel yourself become a better person. Apocalypse Battle Cars by Brass Badger Workshop I seriously have no clue what's going on in Brass Badger's latest pack , I just know that it makes me feel weird and I love it. It's been a decade since I've owned a car, but I imagine this is what all cars are like nowadays? Is the whole insurance industry still a scam, or is it finally affordable now that insurers are afraid of what kind of person you are? Abandoned Lab Furniture Pack by Who abandons a lab? And how have people not broken in and stripped every bit of copper off of those wires? I guess these are questions your players can answer, along with "who's blood is that and should we be worried?". All these mysteries can be yours in this Abandoned Lab furniture pack . Roll20 What's Up Episode 3! Ceejay, Jeff, Trivia and Alex are back in episode 3 of Roll20 What's Up ! This week the cast talked about system shopping and the different appeal of big TTRPG names and indie games! :) Don't forget to mark your calendars, either, as the show will air every Tuesday, 3PM PST. Missed a previous episode? No big deal, we have them all together on our Twitch Collections page. Do give us a follow so you know when we're going live with all our regularly scheduled shows, as well as some... new shows we may have coming up... As always feel free to send us your comments, stories and questions to <a href="mailto:podcast@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">podcast@roll20.net</a> - when we have enough we'll start a Q&A section in the video WOTC Highlights Are you ready to ward off the apocalypse? Well here it comes anyways! The Elemental Evil has stirred, and it is time to traverse through fire, flood, wind, and stone in this epic adventure from Wizards of the Coast. Princes of the Apocalypse , our latest WotC module, takes players from levels 1 through 15 on a multi-month journey that only the most cunning will survive. The module contains hundreds of pages of carefully converted content, more than 20 battle ready maps enhanced with Dynamic Lighting and support for Advanced Fog of War, complete character sheets and tokens for every NPC and monster with simple click-to-roll skills, actions and spells, new spells and player options... all that good good apocalyptic stuff that you've come to expect from Roll20! Reviewers have been giving it the thumbs up, too, saying "you will see the work that was put into this conversion, and it will save you a lot of time running your own campaign online" (Tribality.com ). One reviewer who ran this adventure in the past even said " I definitely wish I had all these pictures readily available when I ran my campaign." ( RogueWatson.com ), and gave a detailed video breakdown that you might enjoy here (GMs only, though! Spoiler alert!) . Ready to get your apocalypse on? You can buy the module and enjoy it all in person right here on our marketplace! On that cheerful world-ending note (or perhaps... your heroic feats preventing it?) I bid you a good weekend! Have a relaxing few days~ -Alex