Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Followup on Downtime Tonight (2/17)

We just had a brief period of downtime of around 20 minutes. I was really, really hoping I wasn't going to have to make this post tonight, but sometimes fate (and technical issues) conspire against us. We don't anticipate having any further issues the rest of the night. This is still the same issue that caused us to go down Saturday. While we (and Firebase, our real-time provider) were working very hard all day today to get things in a better shape tonight than they were last night, there's just only so much time in the day. Luckily the things that we did get put in place helped us only have 20 minutes of downtime tonight instead of 2 hours. After the weekend (when we typically experience much, much higher levels of traffic than the weekdays) we'll have more time to get things squared away so that this shouldn't happen next weekend. We're attacking this problem from several different angles, and we're committed to getting through this speed bump quickly and permanently. Sorry again for the brief downtime tonight, and again thanks for your support, it really means a lot.
you ruined my campaign ;_;. No but really, for me it wasn't that bad, it just forced my group to roleplay a bit more then normal, which is always great in my honest opinion. Truthfully, I should thank you guys for the downtime.
Markos D. said: you ruined my campaign ;_;. No but really, for me it wasn't that bad, it just forced my group to roleplay a bit more then normal, which is always great in my honest opinion. Truthfully, I should thank you guys for the downtime. los "We shall force you to put story inyoru campaing with strategic down time" well maybe they aren't that diabolical
Sean B. said: Markos D. said: you ruined my campaign ;_;. No but really, for me it wasn't that bad, it just forced my group to roleplay a bit more then normal, which is always great in my honest opinion. Truthfully, I should thank you guys for the downtime. los "We shall force you to put story inyoru campaing with strategic down time" well maybe they aren't that diabolical haha...  Downtime in roll20 isn't a bug.  It's a feature!!