Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable tokens seem to be not working

I made a farmer npc and a rollable table for tokens, so we have a little more variety, but what ever I try, if i don't click on the token and select "choose random side", the token is allways the same. I created the rollable table first and used the toekn button to place a token on the map, before i selected it as the token for my npc. I saw, that what i am trying is possible, because i saw it on yt.
The only way to have a token take a random side when pulling it out from the journal would be with an API script (a Pro subscription feature). Otherwise you can set whichever side you want as the 'default' that gets pulled out (it doesn't have to be the first side), but if you want a different side after pulling it out you'll have to change it manually.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you select the token and go to choose side, is there more than one listed?  If you created a Rollable Table with only one row, then created a token with it, that token will have only one side, even if you later add more sides to the Rollable Table.  Tokens are no longer associated with the Rollable Table they were created from once you make them, do future changes won't change already created Tokens. Weighting of sides is also ignored on the Token BTW.