Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Request: Selecting a token on the map and then Zooming should zoom in on the token

Score + 13

Edited 1645038765
TG
Pro
Hello! I frequently find myself looking at the whole map and click on my token, wanting to zoom in on my token to see it up close. As it stands I click my token, then increase the zoom, then spend a bunch of time panning around to find my token. For a VTT I spend a surprising amount of time as a player and DM zooming and panning in Roll20 to find my stuff. This would bring time savings and joy to many. Could this be made an option?
Seems to me in addition to a convenience and usability improvement, this would be a boon for Accessibility as well?
+1. Also, when zooming out, keep the token centred in view.
If this is true, this is fantastic news. There are dozens of small changes to defaults you can make to improve the Roll20 experience immeasurably. (This feature request is one of them). "First up on the roadmap for 2022, Lal said, is the addition of “image placement logic tools,” which will allow game masters to more easily drag and drop images or maps onto the virtual tabletop." &lt;<a href="https://newsnationusa.com/news/technology/video-games/roll20s-new-ceo-promises-change-is-on-the-way-for-the-industry-leading-virtual-tabletop/" rel="nofollow">https://newsnationusa.com/news/technology/video-games/roll20s-new-ceo-promises-change-is-on-the-way-for-the-industry-leading-virtual-tabletop/</a>&gt;
Once a request hits a 10 vote threshold can the votes be repurposed, or are they trapped in it until something is done with it?

Edited 1646741449
G said: Once a request hits a 10 vote threshold can the votes be repurposed, or are they trapped in it until something is done with it? Once a request reaches the ten vote threshold the request is not closed from further comment or votes. People can withdraw votes from any suggestion they want at any time. Long time pro subscribers get more votes to throw around but no one can add more than one vote to a suggestion. Over time I've withdrawn votes from suggestions that have hundreds of votes or that are tagged as: On Dev Queued Obstructed Not Now Researching Feedback Character sheets API I figure that since the forum managers never close those threads no matter how few votes they get, the Orr Group developers already know about those suggestions and those threads don't need any votes from me. Instead I save and use all my votes for the small threads with no status in an effort to try to push those threads over the ten vote threshold.