Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF Help] With rolling Hit/Hit Location and Crit Damage Location in WH 40k Dark Heresy 1e

Edited 1651422096
Toby
Pro
I am about to start a Dark Heresy 1e game and I was wondering there was a way using any reasonably non-time consuming method to add just a tiny bit of automation to some of the Attack Roll and Damage Roll charts associated with the warhammer system. For a bit of background I have included the steps for rolling attack and damage from the DH core Rules.  (Not a copyright violation, there are officially available versions of this for free online).  As a basic outline of what I'm trying to do. 1. Hit Test To make a melee attack with a hand-held weapon, you must be engaged with your target. Test Weapon Skill. When making a ranged attack, you Test Ballistic Skill. Both of these are like any other Tests. If you roll equal to or below your Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill, you hit your opponent. 2. Determine Hit Location On a successful hit, you next need to determine where the hit landed. Using the Test result, reverse the order of the dice, (e.g. a roll of 32 becomes 23, 19 becomes 91, and so on) and compare this number to Table 7-7: Hit Locations. Note that certain creatures with different body shapes, or mounted opponents, may use different hit location tables. 3. Determine Damage Once you’ve determined the Hit Location, it is time to work out any Damage you have dealt. Each weapon has a Damage listing. This is usually a die roll, plus or minus a number. Roll the appropriate die, and add the Damage Bonus of the weapon. Finally, if you are using a melee weapon, add your Strength Bonus. This is the Damage total. If you roll a “10” on any of your Damage dice, you have a chance of Righteous Fury! (see sidebar). [Righteous Fury: If you get a Nat 10 (or a result of 10 when rolling d5s).  The chat output will announce it so you are aware and can roll to hit again.] 4. Apply Damage From the Damage total, your opponent subtracts his Toughness Bonus and any Armour Points that protect the location that is hit. If this reduces the Damage total to 0 or less, your opponent has shrugged off the attack. Any remaining Damage is recorded on his character sheet as Damage. Should this injury equal or exceed his Wounds, he notes any excess as critical Damage and the GM consults the appropriate table based on the weapon used and the amount of Critical Damage accumulated. See Critical Damage on page 201 for more information. I don't have a great deal of time to set this up and I don't have enough coding knowledge to create sheet workers for this on my own.  Which limits my options significantly.  I would very much appretiate any advice on this except things like, "Switch to Dark Heresy 2e!" or "Dark Heresy 1e is awful!"  The game is already decided to be DH1e, and that is not changing.  Although, I dont mind using code or sheets designed for 2e.  Most of the important rolls are the same.
And yes, I know there are purists out there who say it should be rolled manually or not at all to preserve the "grittiness" of the setting.  I just prefer speeding up combat so the game can be more role play and less roll play.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since you're a Pro user, you should be able to use the ScriptCards script to get the effect you want. I'd ask in that thread. It should also be able to roll the Righteous Fury for you, and output a note to let you know this attack gained Righteous Fury.