Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving source of Darkness / token that blocks sight

Edited 1654258660
Hello! I've been faced with a specific issue here, I have a player in 5e that casts darkness on a object and carries it through the dungeon. I've been using a darkness token to cover the area, but the main issue I'm having is that the darkness should be able to block sight from one half to another, so I've been searching for ways to create a "wall" with dynamic light that would block sight as it moves so I don't have to keep moving a dynamic light circle and placing it underneath. So essentially my question is: Can I make a token block light from passing through it somehow? I'm a plus user, no access to APIs, so any situation that can be used without one would be great.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
AFAIK, only path objects on the DL layer will block sight. I don't see how you could do this without an api script solution.