Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multi damage type, total damage macro help?

Hi all. I've built and have managed to get a macro to a point I'm 90% happy with from all the huge help from this forum, but I'm wondering if there's a way to take this macro and total all the damage at the end rather than have it all broken out by damage. Originally our DM mentioned that it would be great to have it broken out so he could know when he needed to reduce any of the damage, but now that I'm getting 3+ attacks a turn it's just increasing the time to add up all the damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)  &{template:default} {{name=The Serpent's Heart}} {{Attack Roll= [[1d20cs>20 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] + 3[ITEM] + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] [To Hit] ]] | [[1d20cs>20 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] + 3[ITEM] + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] [To Hit]]] vs. AC }} {{Weapon= [[?{Damage Die Roll|1-Hand,1d8 + 3 + 2 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR]|2-Hand,1d10 + 3 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR]}+?{Rage|Yes,2[RAGE]|No,0[NORAGE]}]] }} {{Lightning= [[1d8]] }} {{Necrotic= [[1d8]] }} {{?{Invoke Fire Rune|No,Rune -No-|Yes, Invoke Fire Rune 'Ild'= DC [[8 + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] ]] STR Save – If failed get restrained for 1 minute (Can re-save on end of turn)} }}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If I understand what you need, you can use the Reusing Rolls trick. You take the separate rolls, put them inside a single inline roll  which adds them together, and the Reusing Rolls trick lets you extract each inline roll from that and place them when you need. Like this: &{template:default} {{name=The Serpent's Heart}} [[ [[?{Damage Die Roll|1-Hand,1d8 + 3 + 2 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR]|2-Hand,1d10 + 3 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR]}+?{Rage|Yes,2[RAGE]|No,0[NORAGE]}]] +[[1d8]] +[[1d8]] ]] {{Attack Roll= [[1d20cs>20 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] + 3[ITEM] + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] [To Hit] ]] | [[1d20cs>20 + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] + 3[ITEM] + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] [To Hit]]] vs. AC }} {{Weapon= $[[0]] }} {{Lightning= $[[1]] }} {{Necrotic= $[[2]] }} {{Total=$[[3]]}} {{?{Invoke Fire Rune|No,Rune -No-|Yes, Invoke Fire Rune 'Ild'= DC [[8 + @{Redding|pb}[PROF] + @{Redding|strength_mod}[STR] ]] STR Save – If failed get restrained for 1 minute (Can re-save on end of turn)} }} The total roll is placed near the start, before any other rolls so that the $[[0]] $[[1]] ordering is correct, and isn't enclosed by {{ }} so it doesnt get displayed by the rolltemplate.