Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add Basic Tokens to Spells that Summon/Create

It would be nice if spells that either summon a creature, create an object or an item you move during combat had assigned tokens that you can simply drag the spell onto the battlefield and the token appears under your control and the DM's. For example, flaming sphere and spiritual weapon. Usually I grab a token and regularly copy it from board to board in case a spell caster uses that spell, this also involves initially assigning control to the required player. Would just be nice if the DM did not need to control it.
That would be really good.
I completely and unabashedly agree. 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
You should already be able to create "characters" with default tokens set to particular spell effects and then drag them from the journal. Easiest way would be to have those sheets controlled by all players, but you could have versions of them for each character that can access that spell, with control set up individually.

Edited 1659664379
David M. said: You should already be able to create "characters" with default tokens set to particular spell effects and then drag them from the journal. Easiest way would be to have those sheets controlled by all players, but you could have versions of them for each character that can access that spell, with control set up individually. Agree that that is another workaround, however that's more complex than my current way IMO.  And as I said it would be nice if a DM didn't need to do this at all, dragging the spell to the board or even as an option when casting it that it appears on the board next to the caster or at a specified location would be more efficient. Then all the DM would need to do is add turn or count down for it. So a more simplistic method could be achieved by the above.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .