Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dungeon Icons Font

Hey folks, I did a search, but didn’t turn this one up. Could we maybe get a font added to the text field tool that is made up of old school dungeon map symbols? This would let us add statues and chimneys and stuff for maps with an OSR feel. Trying to run Mörk Borg and I’d like the maps and background to have an OSR feel. Figure this would be an easy way to let players do that. Mea culpa if this already exists. 

Edited 1671474788
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Greg! I might PM you, to offer to run some Roll20 tabletop experiments with you and try to achieve somethin' so look for incoming message if you want to dig deeper on this. There is not currently such a Font in the roll20 VTT text-tool. There is not any sort of Symbol or Dingbat or Webdings font in there yet. They did radically expand the font-list a few months ago, from around 4 choices to around 12+. This shows that certainly Roll20 could consider adding more Fonts there.&nbsp; Good news workaround, type Emoji using your OS. They usually work (in many areas of Roll20 including Text Tool). Modern computers with Mac or Windows usually allow access to an Emoji panel via your keyboard, so find out what button or button-combo opens your Emoji choices and try typing some of those. They look pretty cool when you upside the Text to size 100 or higher. They look about the same regardless of which text-tool Font is enabled. If you are satisfied with the cartoony modern glossy appearance and symbols selection. Your Players can access/type emoji in the same way. Roll20 Marketplace art-pack objects... There are some verrrry cool Map Marker, cartography, icon sets in the Marketplace. An incredible series that might fit your bill is the artist Russ Hapke's line of Old World map objects. This is OSR feel while being much-much-more beautiful and sophisticated and flexible than any Font method could ever be. Once you Purchase 1 or more of these packs (around $5) they are super easy to drag-drop onto Roll20 maps as GM. It would take a bit more work to set them up for access by the players. Check this collection out: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/49/russ-hapke" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/49/russ-hapke</a> Advanced Dice... another quick trick, if you roll some dice let's say roll 6d6 in chat. Drag-drop the dice icons from the chat onto the tabletop. Those become free icons, of very generic numbered nature. Your players can do this as well as GM as long as 'advanced dice' is enabled in the game table settings.&nbsp;
Hi Gold- Sure, I'd be interested in discussing this further. I'm a graphic designer, and was kicking around the idea of just knocking a dingbats font for this together. I usually play 5e, but I like to do what I can to use maps and presentation to set a mood and help tell the story. Mise en scene is a useful concept for DMing.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
The tabletop has functional torches, and doors and windows for PRO users, and I was kicking around the idea of an SVG generator to draw tokens to the tabletop of various simple elements like basic skeletons and types of monsters and hazards - Emojibubble was my first foray into this (it has an emoji library for quick reference) - namely in the bubble itself. It's an SVG plot-drawing created on the tabletop, and introduced me to the idea of maybe creating tokens dynamically. Ones that are lighter weight than images.&nbsp; Upvote on general principle - having a low-weight easily-deployed set of SVG or simple tokens available as part of the toolkit for quick drawing I think would be beneficial. I imagine folks would try and get them to work like tokens, but I don't think text or drawings support tokenization.&nbsp;
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .