Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP REQUEST] [CSE] and color variables not functioning correctly.

I am updating my character sheet to use the new (relatively, I guess) CSE css.  And I'm having trouble getting the text colors to function properly.  What I am trying to do is have it so that the character sheet changes to dark mode when the roll20 dark mode toggle is shifted from left to right.  The dark mode version works fairly well, but for some reason on most browsers the text for normal mode appears as WHITE.  Which is obviously problematic... I was wondering is their a way to to alter the :root color variables in the css.  I am thinking the issue might be that those are overriding whatever I have listed in my css. I dont have code to share right now, nor pictures.  But so I'll just stick with the basic question of how to handle altering the colors at the :root level.  Or creating my own dark mode variables which can be toggled with the roll20 slider.  Thanks in advance.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This will be a fairly major change probably, but you have to make new declarations that will override your existing ones when darkmode is on. See this page and dark mode tab: <a href="https://cybersphere.me/styling-roll20-buttons/" rel="nofollow">https://cybersphere.me/styling-roll20-buttons/</a>
Works fairly well, I hadn't even considered the nav tabs outside the page as being editable.&nbsp; Which is useful, I wonder if I can do the same with some of the chat elements.&nbsp; /emote seems to have a different background but the text is nearly unreadable (as if roll20 never bothered to set a different style for the text). Thank you very much.&nbsp; All and all actually converting my page has been a nightmare, Its taken me almost a month to just get the 3 column layout to work and I only realized 2 days ago that the isseue was I had a class named .1col .2col .3col that I had to change to I- II- and III-col respectively because roll20 apparently detests having a number as the first character in the class with CSE. But darkmode is something my players have been hounding me for for the better part of 6 months, cause... they detest the white background of the sheet (dont blame them)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toby said: I had a class named .1col .2col .3col that I had to change to I- II- and III-col respectively because roll20 apparently detests having a number as the first character in the class with CSE. I wasn't aware of that! But it doesn't surprise me, Roll20 does have its quirks. I didn't used to mind the white background, until they introduced darkmode and it opened my mind :)