Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Restore Middle Mouse Functionality (lost in late 2022 update)

Score + 17

Edited 1678785637
Domigorgon
Plus
Marketplace Creator
As discussed here. TLDR: Middle mouse click used to activate the 'scroll compass' and you could quickly move around the map. The new 'feature' is much slower, has trouble moving across large maps, and also does not work if you have certain tools selected (like Fog of War features).
100%. They tried to "fix" it, but failed, merely turning the middle click scroll into a middle click pan. It's unfortunate that we have to ask Roll20 to restore a feature we once all took for granted.
I have a new mouse from logitech. Though browser support may be an issue. Check your buttons manually. I don't seem to have a problem with this and have the scroll wheel
Domigorgon
Plus
Marketplace Creator
@InviolateQuill7 - I don't think you understand the problem. There does exist a middle-mouse functionality, but it is not the original one we'd had for years, until about 4 months ago. The way it functioned before was that you would click the middle mouse button and it would open the "scroll icon" you normally have in Internet browsers (though usually it offers only going up and down, left and right is also possible if there is width outside the browser's visible borders). With that "scroll icon", if you move the mouse from its center, it automatically pans the screen without you having to move the mouse further. Ironically, this is still functional if you click outside the bounds of your map area (to the left or above).