Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account

My handouts are white when in dark mode

All of my handouts have sudden turned white with white lettering.  They were black with white lettering literally an hour ago.  I have tired turning off dark mode and turning it back on.  I've cleared my cashe, I've tried firefox, I've reset my computer in hopes that would somehow magically fix the issue.   I did see a workaround for somebody that was having a similar problem with their character sheets,where they moved it around and changed the size.  I've tried the same thing and it did not help.   Here is what it looks like now.  
I also just noticed that some of my GM notes from another document are somehow on this page.  Not sure how that happened, I could have accidently copied and pasted them from my stonehill in handout i guess..... 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you have copied and pasted content from another editor, they can sometimes come in with unwanted html and in-line CSS, causing them to retain unwanted formatting. In any case, if you select all and press the eraser button, that should revert everything back to the standard, dark-mode compliant formatting. Test on a copy, of course.
When I open up brand new handouts, type random stuff on it and hit save, it goes right to this format as well.  
I just tired the select all and press the eraser, still stuck with this format. 
Would transfering over the handouts via transmogrifier, from another game "where it works in dark mode" cause all my handouts to suddenly change in this particular game for some reason? I'm not doing a copy/paste from an outside source.  It's all done via transmog from roll20.   I literally just have a base game with all lore that I have written saved in it.  I then use the transmog tool to bring the info from that game, into my current game as needed.   Here is the screen shot of the same exact text working in another game. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. It's unlikely that the steps you describe would lead to that outcome. And it's unlikely to be the work of a browser setting or extension, given the resetting you've done and the fact that they work in one game and not another. I was about to guess that the text in the original handouts whad extraneous CSS, but you are having the issue with brand new handouts. This is an odd problem. I do see one difference. The second handout is engaged with the VTT, but the one in the new game is a popout. What happens if you keep it engaged instead of popping out? (You can control this behavior in the settings tab in-game).
That worked Keith.  No clue why my character popout would interact with my handouts like that.  I also don't remember hitting that little button to begin with.   The button I pressed to fix it was this one
Interesting. This does NOT seem to count for Handouts as I noticed the SAME thing in the official DnD 5E by Roll20 Sheet: In Darkmode it is readable, but NOT in lightmode as you can see from the Screenshot above. This needs to be Fixed ASAP...