Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

one group initiative

I love group initiative! Aaron, you are a life saver. However, is there a  way to select a group and give them the same  initiative (e.g. for a group of minions)?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hey, thanks!  Glad you like it.  There are two options, you can find them under Roller Options in the config: !group-init --help One takes the minimum rolled number for the group, the other take the average.  Unfortunately, it's a global setting, so if you turn it on, you'll be applying that to all rolls (though rolls with only one token selected will just end up the same).  You could have a group roll button that does: !group-init-config --set-roller|Mean-All-Roll !group-init !group-init-config --set-roller|Individual-Roll which should let you do the average roll on a selection group, but then revert the setting back to individual rolls afterwards.  There are some asynchronous operations, but I think the roll option is fixed before they start, so it should be fine.  Let me know if that works for you.  If not, I might be able to add some other options...

Edited 1682607958
A fairly simple workaround (and the one that I use) is to copy one token of the group, and move it off the VTT screen ( or in a hidden area ) and roll initiative for that token.  This has a couple advantages: It works now already If you want to use a single token to represent a group, and that token is taken off the Objects layer (killed, hidden/moved to GM layer, etc.) then it will disappear from the Turn Tracker. Since I use TokenNameNumber and my minions are all individually numbered, I just copy a single instance ("Goblin 1") and rename it "Goblins" and move that token to an area at the bottom of the map covered with Fog of War/Permanent Darkness. This also works well if I have a few different groups of similar monsters - "Goblin Archers" versus "Goblin Fighters" (who all use the same character sheet, but I want them to have a different group initiative).