Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tokens with attributes

I frequently find myself having to decide what to do when a token carries information that is different from the character it represents This is especially  the case with monsters I am running as the DM, such as when i want one monster to have a bonus to attack roles. Although there are some workarounds, such as making a separate character for monsters with bonuses or hiding information in the  token's bars, it would be really nice to have some attributes on tokens. In a perfect world, a token would have all the attributes of a character it represents. If a particular attribute on the token is empty, references to those attributes would default to the character's attribute value for that attribute. However, if that is too difficult, even having a dozen more fields on a token that could be easily referenced by macros and mods would be very helpful.
There's an existing request suggesting "more bubbles" for tokens.&nbsp; It might be better to merge this with that: e.g., "more fields, which can also override sheet settings, optionally with display bubbles" rather than doing this as a separate request. Although "more bubbles" hasn't drummed up a lot of interest so far: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10821206/more-bubbles" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10821206/more-bubbles</a>
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .