Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Super Notes Templates within Script Cards

Hi, We've adopted the wizard template into our game for all character chat outputs using script cards and I was wondering if there is a simple command to compress or enlarge the the size of the template within the chat window. If you whisper the script card it displays a bit smaller in the chat window than if it wasn't whispered and I really like the size of the whispered chat. Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi FFR! I'm the author of Supernotes, and worked with Kurt a bit to make the templates available there. I suspect that the issue you are describing is ScriptCard based, but if it turns out I need to alter some code on my end, I'll be monitoring this thread. In the meantime, a couple of screenshots might help clarify what the display issue is.
Keith, Thanks for the response. In the below image the first example is a general chat output and the second a whispered chat output Both look really good but I prefer the look of the whispered output so if there was a way to compress the overall size of a template sent to chat I might be able to get something closer to the whispered output. I though about whispering to all players but can't find a command for this in the script cards wiki. Hopefully Kurt or a script card super user might be able to come up with an answer.

Edited 1696862028
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
FFR said: Keith, Thanks for the response. In the below image the first example is a general chat output and the second a whispered chat output Both look really good but I prefer the look of the whispered output so if there was a way to compress the overall size of a template sent to chat I might be able to get something closer to the whispered output. I though about whispering to all players but can't find a command for this in the script cards wiki. Hopefully Kurt or a script card super user might be able to come up with an answer. This happens because the default (non-whispered) card is sent via the /desc (description) roll20 command, so it does not appear as attributed to any player/source. When whispering, I need to use /w instead, and this does attribute the text to a source. This is where the (From FFR(GM)): comes from. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware there isn't a way to send the equivalent of a /desc command to individual players. EDIT : I misread your intent... if you want to get ALL cards to look like whispers, you would need to include a --#whisper line in the card that names each of the players and the gm separated by commas. Something like "--#whisper|Mike,Fred,Sally". ScriptCards separates the whisper setting and sends a separate whisper to each recipient. You could activate this for all scripts by saving it to the Default settings group with the --sSettings|Default command (looking at the Wiki, I realize this needs to be better documented)
Kurt, The whisper to named players does the trick. Many thanks for your help