Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Macro for our Hogwarts RPG

Hello everyone, We are playing a small RP called "Hogwarts RPG". We want to create a macro for the 5 attributes bravery, cunning, intelligence, loyalty and magic. Each Attribute as an own macro Each roll should have a bonus query and tell us afterwards whether the roll was passed >6, failed <6 and passed with excellence >10. We already have 2 tables with 0 and 1 for the sucess or failure-messages. We hope, anyone has an idea. :)
I have a few questions for this. What do you roll? d6? d20? 2d6? I see you have a Pro sub, are Mods/API scripts available and/or desired? You say each roll should have a "bonus query". Can you explain more about what you want? Are you wanting to prompt for any bonuses added? When you say you have 2 tables, do you mean 1 table has the success messages and the other table has the failure messages? Depending on your answers to those questions, I could help with  ScriptCards  based macro for you and your game.
Hej, thanks for your answer :) 1. yes, Mods/API are available! :) 2. the bonus query should give a prompt to add bonuses. 3. yeah, table 1 has the "success" and table 2 the "failure" Message. We're also working on our own character sheet, but I guess it will take more time than macros :D
So I put this ScriptCard together for this. !scriptcard {{ --/|Hogwarts RPG attribute roll macro --/|Change the values in the VARIABLES section to customize --/|Mods Required: ScriptCards --/|VARIABLES TO SET --&AttributeName|bravery --&NumberOfDice|1 --&DieSize|d6 --&successMessageTableName|success-messages --&failureMessageTableName|failure-messages --/|Roll20 will always execute the query ? and the selected @ first --&bonus|?{Bonus to add to check|0} --#sourceToken|@{selected|token_id} --#title|[&AttributeName(totitlecase)] Check --=CheckRoll|[&NumberOfDice][&DieSize] + [*S:[&AttributeName]] [ATTR] + [&bonus] [BONUS] --?[$CheckRoll] -lt 6|Failure --?[$CheckRoll] -lt 11|Passed|WithExcellence --:Done| --X| --:Failure| --#emoteText|[*S:t-name] fails their [&AttributeName] check --=MessageRoll|[T#[&failureMessageTableName]] --+Failed|[*S:t-name] got a [$CheckRoll] on their [&AttributeName] check[br][$MessageRoll.tableEntryText] -->Done| --:Passed| --#emoteText|[*S:t-name] passes their [&AttributeName] check --=MessageRoll|[T#[&successMessageTableName]] --+Passed|[*S:t-name] got a [$CheckRoll] on their [&AttributeName] check[br][$MessageRoll.tableEntryText] -->Done| --:WithExcellence| --#emoteText|[*S:t-name] passes with excellence their [&AttributeName] check --=MessageRoll|[T#[&successMessageTableName]] --+Passed With Excellence|[*S:t-name] got a [$CheckRoll] on their [&AttributeName] check[br][$MessageRoll.tableEntryText] -->Done| }} Which results in the following output types: You said you wanted each attribute to have its own macro so you will need to change the following line for each attribute you want: --&AttributeName|bravery There are variables there for the number and size of dice to roll for your check and for the table names for the messages. So if you install ScriptCards  from the 1Click install in the Mods (API) for your game, then you click on a token that is linked to a character with that attribute name and it will roll the check and print the result. Other tweaks can be made to customize for your needs and tastes.