Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Autosizer

Does this not exist anymore?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Randall T.,  If you are referencing auto sizing of images on the map layer, please make sure that you haven't disabled it.  You can find the setting in the game, under the My Settings tab, in the Graphics section. 

Edited 1706903062
OK, I must have. Thank you.
Edit: Where exactly? I don't see anything that says anything like "autosizer."
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here you go:

Edited 1706903678
Gauss
Forum Champion
In the game, My Settings tab (top right hand corner), Graphics, the checkbox for "Disable auto sizing...." Edit: or...use Keith's image. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keep in mind that if you are dropping items from the marketplace, some of the oldest ones do not have sizing information.
What I am talking about is autosizing the map. There used to be a way to use the maps dimensions (in pixels) to automatically size it so the grid would match.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You might be referencing Set Dimensions or Align to Grid.  Both can be found by right clicking the image then hovering over Advanced. 
Excellent, thanks. Do I have to know the dimensions, or will it detect them?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Depends on what you are trying to do, could you elaborate?  Grid alignment is not automatic. It depends on the image, how it was created, etc.
I said that poorly. I just want the Roll20 space and the uploaded map to automatically size to each other (i.e., I don't have to grab the corners and manually increase the maps size).
Gauss
Forum Champion
To set an image to the size of the Roll20 page size use Set Dimensions on the image. Set it to the size of the page.  1) Click Page Toolbar (top of the game) 2) Click the cog on the page you are working on 3) Set the page size as desired and save 4) Drop image onto Map layer 5) Right click on image, select Set Dimensions 6) Set the dimensions (it has both pixel and grid measurements) to the size of the page.  Note: this will not align it to the grid unless the map has been designed with nice even grid lines.  If it has not been designed for that, you will have to do that "Grab the corners" method, after using Align to Grid to get it close. 
Thanks. That will help quite a bit.