Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Strange Problem when placing Monsters from the Compendium

Hello, I've encountered a strange issue since yesterday. When I place a monster token from the compendium, it briefly opens the player character sheet and then places the monster. However, the token lacks armor class or hit points, which is frustrating to input manually. Do you have any suggestions for resolving this? Thanks!

Edited 1717049950
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi A B.,  This is a known recent issue affecting some games (not all games). Here is a thread with more posts regarding this issue. Please file a bug report via the Help Center so that the Devs can track the issue. Include your Campaign Details url so that they can take a look at your game if necessary. You can find the Campaign Details url by going to Roll20.net, click the name of your game (not launch) and then copy the URL. 
Okay Thanks! So right now there is no clue on how long it will take to be fixed.

Edited 1717052741
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is no timeline on a fix yet. My suggestion is to manually set up the token's bars and then save that to the Character in the Journal tab.  I know, it is a pain. One of my games is also affected.
I highly suggest copying the game and using the copy instead. It fixed the issue for me. I assume it is a load error for the compendium when you initially create the game.