Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vecna Eve of Ruin Pre-Release

Does anyone know what time this will be released today?  Looking to see when I can get my grubby hands on it.  It's 7:13 EST now.  It's not released for me.
Yeah still not unlocked for me, either. I have no idea, but my guess would be either noon Eastern or noon Pacific.
Looks like the digital book unlocks on DnDBeyond at 10 AM Eastern... so maybe then?
What's the point to preordering if you can't even get it on time? 😤
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is no real benefit to pre-ordering other than to just have it unlock automatically on day of release. It also reduces the number of inquiries about "Is Roll20 going to release Product X?" Typically Roll20 tries to go for Day and Date of releases from other sources. My guess is like Steve's, Noon Pacific. But that's just a guess.
I pre ordered the new Vecna campaign but I can find it in my modules list... Can anyone help me with this?
Same says i own it but its not in list to create a new game
Same. Mine says owned but when I try to create a new game "Only Available in Bundle"
Same!
So I asked support and they said...  "Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the confusion! Our pre-orders can sometimes take a little time to fully unlock and roll out to all users. You should expect to see it fully available in the next few hours. Simply keep an eye on our marketplace purchases and access and you should see it soon." I guess I'll just wait then hehe.
Jav ty so much! i guess we on the hurry up and wait bus
Greetings! Does anyone have no problem creating a game for Vecna: Nest of the Eldritch Eye but not for the campaign?
TBH i was gonna buy nest today but if i cant get Eve of ruin to work when i already paid for it im not gonna try nest yet :(
Kagedono13 said: Greetings! Does anyone have no problem creating a game for Vecna: Nest of the Eldritch Eye but not for the campaign? Nest was released earlier than Eve of Ruin, so there'll be no issues, you're just waiting for Eve to roll out to everyone at this point.
Update it works for me now
I'm good as of 13:00 EST
Looks like I can create a campaign, but I can't access the digital rulebook. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Edited 1716316215
Hey folks! Pre-orders are almost through fulfilling - the rulebook (compendium expansion) is the remaining bit. If you have issues after 12 PM PT, please reach out to the Support Center so they can help you individually:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/requests/new</a>
It works now!
Well... maybe I am missing something.&nbsp; I bought the Nest of the Eldritch Eye and Eve of Ruin as a bundle.&nbsp; Why can I not load either of them into a game as an "add-on"????&nbsp; I mean... is there anyway that you can load them into a game TOGETHER???&nbsp; ...preferably another campaign that I will be needing to use in order to fill out the other 9 levels of play before the level 10 adventure begins????
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
SC Jude said: Well... maybe I am missing something.&nbsp; I bought the Nest of the Eldritch Eye and Eve of Ruin as a bundle.&nbsp; Why can I not load either of them into a game as an "add-on"????&nbsp; I mean... is there anyway that you can load them into a game TOGETHER???&nbsp; ...preferably another campaign that I will be needing to use in order to fill out the other 9 levels of play before the level 10 adventure begins???? Hi SC Jude! Modules and Addons are not interchangeable. You can create a game with either one of these Module products, but Addons are designed differently, to minimize data loss and make them easier to add and delete from a game. As a Pro user, you have two options: 1) Create two different games and use the Transmogrifier to move the PCs and any essential bits from the old game to the new one at the appropriate time (recommended) 2) Use the Transmogrifier to move assets from one module instance into another (not recommended: it's usually more work, can lead to overwriting assets, and may lead to game bloat)

Edited 1718505389
Well... first off, my opinion would be that it is a shame that, as a Pro Member for multiple years, I should just be able to link any of the things that I have purchased through the Roll20 marketplace into one game.&nbsp; I can easily do this with other platforms, but I like Roll20, mostly because it was the first VTT I used.&nbsp; Why is this so complicated to do here? Secondly, can you possibly share the link to the Transmogrifier and how I might use it?&nbsp; I don't know a whole lot about this, and I would be willing to learn more about it if I knew where to look.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi SC Jude,&nbsp; Regarding why Roll20 keeps modules separate, it is to keep game size to manageable levels. Extremely large games have historically had issues.&nbsp; I think that got improved awhile back, but there is still a higher risk where very large games may have problems.&nbsp; As for why other VTTs can do this and Roll20 does not, it probably has to do with the technology used. Roll20 is browser based and with that comes some limitations. Most of the other VTTs out there use a program instead of a web browser.&nbsp; As for the Transmogrifier, enter one of your games, click on the My Settings tab (top right corner of your game). Then scroll to the bottom and click on Miscellaneous followed by Transmogrifier.&nbsp; From there you select the game to pull things from. Then drag an item from one game to another (usually the game you are in). Note: if you are moving pages (maps) make sure you pull the corresponding Character across first so that any tokens on the map keep the connection to the character sheet.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi SC Jude! Here's info on the Transmogrifie r.

Edited 1718679561
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To add on to what Gauss has explained about the limitations of loading everything into one game, you also run into problems with overwriting resources. Multiple items using the same name can cause issues. And even with Lazy Loading, large games can become difficult to copy, load or suffer performance issues The browser still needs to hold more in memory.