Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add the Int bonus to the AC, Iniziative roll and damage waepon in the macro

Hi as per the title, I would like to know which code strings to insert to add the Int modifier to the rolls: initiative, attack and damage; and to the CA Roll20 D&D5e

Edited 1720783472
To get the int modifier you use : @{intelligence_mod} Depending on how you are using this, for example if you want to add this to a macro, you may want to update it to one of the following:     @{character-name|intelligence_mod}   e.g. for a character named Sneaky Fox, this would be: @{Sneaky Fox|intelligence_mod}     @{Selected|intelligence_mod} If you're using the 5E by Roll20 character sheet, you can add this to to ALL attack rolls by adding a global attack modifier. Call it something you like and make the value:  @{intelligence_mod} You can do the same as the above to add a global damage modifier for ALL damage rolls. This does require you to turn on the sheet option to Show Global Damage Modifier (see the cog in the top right-hand-side of the character sheet, just below the character name/race etc). If you only want this attack & damage bonus on specific weapons, you can edit the weapon attack & damage formulae directly on the character sheet and add the values in there. I could not figure out how to get this working on initiative, hopefully someone else can advise. I did try adding it as an initiative modifier on the character sheet settings, which are accessed via the cog again, but unless I typed in just a number it does not appear to work, sorry. Hopefully someone else can assist with that.
for initiative I would either add this as a global macro everyone can grab and add to their macro bar, or I would add it as an ability on the attribute/ ability tab &{template:simple} {{rname=@{selected|character_name} Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}]] }} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}]] }}
and if the weapon needs the original stat bonus AND int mod, then I would go with a dedicated macro for that weapon like so @{selected|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+[[@{selected|intelligence_mod} [INT] + @{selected|strength_mod} [STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF]]]}} {{rname=Paddle of Rebuke}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}cs>20 + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT] + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF] ]]}} @{selected|rtype}cs>20 + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT] + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=5' melee}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d12 + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT]]]}} {{dmg1type=Bludgeoning}} {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d12[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} {{globalattack=@{selected|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{selected|global_damage_mod_type}}}
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: and if the weapon needs the original stat bonus AND int mod, then I would go with a dedicated macro for that weapon like so @{selected|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+[[@{selected|intelligence_mod} [INT] + @{selected|strength_mod} [STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF]]]}} {{rname=Paddle of Rebuke}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}cs>20 + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT] + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF] ]]}} @{selected|rtype}cs>20 + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT] + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|PB}[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=5' melee}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d12 + @{selected|strength_mod}[STR] + @{selected|intelligence_mod}[INT]]]}} {{dmg1type=Bludgeoning}} {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d12[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} {{globalattack=@{selected|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{selected|global_damage_mod_type}}} That isn't necessary as you can put the Int mod in the weapon's die roll.  Example: 1d6 +@{intelligence_mod}
Gauss
Forum Champion
Manny L. said: I could not figure out how to get this working on initiative, hopefully someone else can advise. I did try adding it as an initiative modifier on the character sheet settings, which are accessed via the cog again, but unless I typed in just a number it does not appear to work, sorry. Hopefully someone else can assist with that. There is no way to modify initiative with an attribute as it is a numeric field only.  The macro Simon posted is the way to do that. 

Edited 1720801454
Hiya Gauss, long time no speak.  I can't see how to do that (your first post) when two mods are required.  I know how to add it as per Manny L's post, but if we need this particular weapon to be able to add both STR and INT mods to both attack and damage I can't see how that works?  If you add INT mod to the die roll for damage then it messes with Crit?

Edited 1720802251
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: Hiya Gauss, long time no speak.  I can't see how to do that (your first post) when two mods are required.  I know how to add it as per Manny L's post, but if we need this particular weapon to be able to add both STR and INT mods to both attack and damage I can't see how that works?  If you add INT mod to the die roll for damage then it messes with Crit? For attacks you need to go the Global Attack or Template route you demonstrated earlier. But for damage you can do what I suggested, just make sure you put the damage dice (such as 1d4 from your example) into the crit section.  When left blank the critical section of damage takes whatever is in the damage line's first field. But if you fill it out it overrides that. 
"But for damage you can do what I suggested, just make sure you put the damage dice (such as 1d4 from your example) into the crit section. " Fair shout, I didn't think of that, but in my defence your honour the OP asked for "the rolls: initiative, attack and damage; and to the CA" so I went straight for template because of the ref to attack. I am having a senior moment though, what's CA?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: I am having a senior moment though, what's CA? AC for those reading right to left. 
which was in the title if I had but looked... I'm just going to make pizza and call it a day ; ))
Adding it to the initiative is actually super simple,  /roll 1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod} &{tracker} set as a token ability should do it, the &{tracker} sends the result into the turn tracker. You can even wrap it in an inline roll instead, if you want to slap it into a template: [[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod} &{tracker}]] And if you want to have advantage or disadvantage... [[{1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}, 1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}}kh1 &{tracker}]] [[{1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}, 1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|intelligence_mod}}kl1 &{tracker}]]
Gauss
Forum Champion
To clarify, you aren't adding it to the sheet's initiative, you are making a macro that does that. It is an important distinction.  Tuo said: Adding it to the initiative is actually super simple,