Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 character sheet fluctuation made some skills disappear!

For a long time, the D&D 3.5 character sheet had only the core book's skills, and required you to add extra skills at the bottom. Then they added the non-core skills to the main list.  Great!  I moved my non-core skill data into the main list. But then , just recently, those non-core skills were removed from the main list.  Some of my precious skill points have been eaten! The data seems to technically still be there when I check the raw Attributes & Abilities section.  However, with noplace to display it and no macro to hit, I feel like I've been tricked, if not deliberately screwed with for daring to use an "outdated" game in a capitalist society.  Furthermore, a lot of less technically savvy people would undoubtedly not get as far as checking the raw data, and just think it doesn't exist anymore. Please fix this, and don't do it again.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Pteryx,  Which character sheet are you using? If you don't know the name please supply a screenshot. 
Is there more than one D&D 3.5 character sheet?  If it's any help, at the bottom it's listed as "D&D3.5e Character Sheet v2. 8  01/07/19 by Diana P."
Gauss
Forum Champion
Pteryx said: Is there more than one D&amp;D 3.5 character sheet?&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, there are three.&nbsp; Pteryx said: Please fix this, and don't do it again. Regarding this error I suggest contacting the maker of the sheet as it is a community made sheet.&nbsp; Diana P. can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/108188/diana-p" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/108188/diana-p</a> With that said, Diana has not been active on the forums for about a year, so if you are not able to get any assistance from them please post again and maybe another character sheet creator will take a look.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would try sending a DM to Hoyer (he's picked up the torch for the 3.5 sheet over the last few years)

Edited 1721200949
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Edit: there is another similar thread on this looking at the code changes for the sheet, it seems the last time proper sheet changes was made was 5 months ago by hoyer Roll20 added/removed some empty lines from all char sheets in last 2 months to fix a thing, and haven't heard it causing any issues since. The sheet info ought to be updated to add hoyer as 2nd author, and made more prominent. Diana P. haven't touched the sheet code in this decade. The sheet's wiki page at least has it updated to mention latest maintainer. Questions: Can you pinpoint when this change happened? When do you remember it working correctly the last time? Did you see if this was only for one character, or just one game one game, or have you confirmed it happened in multiple campaigns? Did the other players also notice it?
Thank you for linking the older report! 1: This change seems more recent than it ought to be by the timeline you cite.&nbsp; Our entire group noticed it on July 13th; I actually posted the OP while we were in the middle of a session.&nbsp; We had a recent month-long hiatus and a lot of heavily conversational sessions, hence us only noticing it now. 2: Given the link you edited in, it does sound like it's not just us...