Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e] wrong name appears in attacks

Hi, my party recently bought a new ship. To create it I took the previous ship's card and made a copy of it which I then updated. The problem is that even though I changed the name, the ship's attacks still have the name of the previous ship, can you tell me why and how I can solve it? Thanks in advance and sorry for the imperfect English
Is there another 'Star Compass' character in your Journal? If you made a copy and changed the name to be the same but didn't delete the first one, then the 'Jerry Verry Berry' name is being pulled from the original 'Star Compass' character.  

Edited 1721059419
Gauss
Forum Champion
The problem here is that the name is being taken from the NPC side of the character sheet, not the Vehicle side. The template is pulling from the NPC side of the character sheet. It is probably an oversight on the programmers part to not push the Vehicle name through to the NPC side of the character sheet.  To fix this edit the Vehicle. Switch to NPC, fix the NPC name, switch back to Vehicle.
Perfect, it worked thank you very much
Gauss said: The problem here is that the name is being taken from the NPC side of the character sheet, not the Vehicle side. The template is pulling from the NPC side of the character sheet. It is probably an oversight on the programmers part to not push the Vehicle name through to the NPC side of the character sheet.  To fix this edit the Vehicle. Switch to NPC, fix the NPC name, switch back to Vehicle. Good catch! Sadly the Vehicle tab of the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet is  severely underdeveloped  and needs some major updates .