Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Power Cards Inline Question

I have noted that I don't get the regular Inline Roll of the colored box with a number and mouse over information. You'll see below that I have added text and marking to certain rolls, however that is to get around the lack on Inline as to be stand out. I was wondering if I was missing something either in the code or in the document which I have looked at, but as said, maybe I missed something about incapability? I have also tried tags to remove the Inline in hopes of a 'double negative' effect. :D Thank you for your assistance. !power {{  --name|Attribute Roll   --leftsub|@{selected|token_name}   --rightsub|Rolling A Stat --ATTR|Roll $$#9900ff|**[[3d6]]**.$$ → **ST** $$#cc0000|@{selected|strength_base}$$ **DX** $$#cc0000|@{selected|dexterity_base}$$ **IQ** $$#cc0000|@{selected|intelligence_base}$$ **HT** $$#cc0000|@{selected|health_base}$$ --Perceptions|Roll $$#9900ff|**[[3d6]]**.$$ → **Vision** $$#cc0000|@{selected|vision_base}$$ **Hearing** $$#cc0000|@{selected|hearing_base}$$ **Taste** $$#cc0000|@{selected|taste_smell_base}$$ **Toch** $$#cc0000|@{selected|touch_base}$$ --Willpower|Roll $$#9900ff|**[[3d6]]**.$$ → **Willpower** $$#cc0000|@{selected|willpower_base}$$ **Fear** $$#cc0000|@{selected|fear_check_base}$$ }} 

Edited 1721099775
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
That’s odd! I’ll try to replicate it. What game system, character sheet, and Mods (besides PowerCards) are you using? 

Edited 1721105417
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I whipped up a testing game, and ran your script as-is, and here's what I'm seeing. The coloured box is there, and the mouse-over is showing the dice rolled and colouring for criticals as usual.  I'm running in Chrome, Incognito window, PowerCards is the only Mod installed. I get the same result with both the Default & Experimental  API Sandbox Version. 
Thank you for the response and assistance below is code above, but without the coloring and marking. I also have the images of my roll with the Colorization and below that the one that below that should be showing the inline. I also just did a test on a fresh game and it worked, shown in the last image. With that KISS method (which can slip my mind) that would seem to point to some conflict. Do any of these mods jump out at you? If not I can go down the list as it were. System:  GURPS 4th (I'd use 3rd, but didn't see it. Still has my needed ref.) Mods (Active):  Teleport Vector Math MatrixMath Path Math checkLightLevel TokenMod Dynamic Lighting Tool Token Fate PathToWindowOrDoor PathEditor WeaponArcs AddCustomTurn Faces CharUtils.js PowerCards Mods (Disabled):   ScriptCards !power {{  --name|Attribute Roll   --leftsub|@{selected|token_name}   --rightsub|Rolling A Stat --ATTR|Roll [[3d6]] → **ST** @{selected|strength} **DX** @{selected|dexterity} **IQ** @{selected|intelligence} **HT** @{selected|health} --Perceptions|Roll [[3d6]] → **Vision** @{selected|vision} **Hearing** @{selected|hearing} **Taste** @{selected|taste_smell} **Touch** @{selected|touch} --Willpower|Roll [[3d6]] → **Willpower** @{selected|willpower} **Fear** @{selected|fear_check} }} FRESH TEST:
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not familiar with any of those Mods except TokenMod, which shouldn't be able to affect PowerCards.  I think your next step might be to do a Binary Search of your Mods. Excluding PowerCards, disable the top half and test. Then divide the half causing the problem into quarters and repeat until you have found the Mod at fault. 
I agree, thank you for your time.  Time to start the quest!
TLDR: Disable  Dynamic Lighting Tool to restore Power Card inline roll display. Ok I've disabled MODs one-by-one and found that it was the Dynamic Lighting Tool. After turning it off I reactivated mods one-by-one with no problem. Then turned the Dynamic back on and off confirming that it was preventing the inline rolls display for Power Cards when on. Unfortunate, but not critical. Just thought folks should know in case they have the same issue and to report the case-solution in general.

Edited 1721171889
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
D G.  said: TLDR: Disable  Dynamic Lighting Tool to restore Power Card inline roll display. Ok I've disabled MODs one-by-one and found that it was the Dynamic Lighting Tool. After turning it off I reactivated mods one-by-one with no problem. Then turned the Dynamic back on and off confirming that it was preventing the inline rolls display for Power Cards when on. Unfortunate, but not critical. Just thought folks should know in case they have the same issue and to report the case-solution in general. Hi D G! Author of Dynamic Lighting Tool here. That's unexpected. If I install just those two scripts, do you have a macro I can use to test? I don't have a GURPS game or characters to test on, so a very basic macro would be best. I do have a function to process inline rolls, but as far as I can tell, it's entirely scoped and shouldn't interfere with anything else. And this is PowerCards, not ScriptCards, correct?
Hello There. Thank you for looking at this. This is using PowerCards.  !power {{  --name|TESTING --LineOfInlineRolls|Roll [[3d6]] → **ST** [[4d6+1]] **DX**  [[4d6+1]]  **IQ**  [[4d6+1]]  **HT**  [[4d6+1]] }} (Though I did try ScriptCards, but had issues getting its equivalent of a Query to select among roll table for a one-macro-for-all concerning Critical Hit/Major Damage tables)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks! I created a brand new game, installed both scripts from one click and ran the test macro with DL Tool active and inactive. I can't duplicate the results you are seeing. At least, not if I am understanding the problem correctly. Here is a screen shot of both results, while hovering over a roll:
Huh, maybe a browser extension I have active then? I'll need to test that as its never been an issue before, but then this is odd. This is certainly leaning to being a strange me thing, thank you for for your time with this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No worries, if you find another test that indicates a potential issue, feel free to contact me and let me know.
(Though I did try ScriptCards, but had issues getting its equivalent of a Query to select among roll table for a one-macro-for-all concerning Critical Hit/Major Damage tables) Hey DG, Not to distract from the Powercard but if you want help with that ScriptCards issue, I might be able to help with that.
Thank you, Joshua. I was attempting to make a ScriptCard with a query to me of what RollTable to use. Unfortunately I only have one of my attempts in Notepad++ at the moment, but the code is below to at least see one of the attempts. Maybe I was just thinking about it from an off angle. I have been known to over think. One of the primary reason I was attempting ScriptCards before PowerCards is due to the ability to hold and reference variables. Though to be clear I am enjoying the access that PowerCards provides; both are good depending on needs. !scriptcard  {{   --#title|Critical and Major Tables --=StandardCriticalHit[T#GURPS_Standard_Critical_Hit_Table] --&StandardCriticalHitText|[$GURPS_Standard_Critical_Hit_Table.tableEntryText] --=Headblow_Critical_Hit_Table[T#GURPS_Headblow_Critical_Hit_Table] --&Headblow_Critical_Hit_TableText|[$GURPS_Headblow_Critical_Hit_Table.tableEntryText] --=Standard_Critical_Miss_Table[T#GURPS_Standard_Critical_Miss_Table] --&Standard_Critical_Miss_TableText|[$GURPS_Standard_Critical_Miss_Table.tableEntryText] --=Firearms_Critical_Miss_Table[T#GURPS_Firearms_Critical_Miss_Table] --&Firearms_Critical_Miss_TableText|[$GURPS_Firearms_Critical_Miss_Table.tableEntryText] --=Starship_Major_Damage_Chart[T#Starship_Major_Damage_Chart] --&Starship_Major_Damage_ChartText|[$Starship_Major_Damage_Chart.tableEntryText] --c?{Table|} }}
So depending on exactly what you'd like to do, here is a way you could prompt yourself to roll on a table. This method uses buttons in chat whispered to the person running it: !scriptcard {{ --&RollTableFilter|GURPS_ --#title|Critical and Major Tables --#whisper|self --#reentrant|CritMajorTableRoll --~|array;objects:rollabletable;TableArray;[&RollTableFilter] --&msg| --%tblid|foreach;TableArray --&_tblname|[*O:[&tblid]:rollabletable:name] --&msg|+ [rbutton][&_tblname]::RollOnTable;[&_tblname][/rbutton] --%| --+|[c][b]Choose Table To Roll On[/b][/c] --+|[&msg] --:Done| --X| --:RollOnTable|TableName --=TableRoll|[T#[&reentryval]] --+Result|[$TableRoll.tableEntryText] --^Done| }} So the variable at the top is just to filter the list of rollable tables down to only those beginning with the provided string, in this case GURPS_. Feel free to modify or remove that as desired. The whisper parameter is to self but could easily be moved to gm. The reentrant parameter is required to have ScriptCards resume the ScriptCard when one of the buttons is pressed. We then create an array of the rollable table id's into an array named TableArray using the built-in function `array;objects:objecttype`.  We then loop over the contents of TableArray to get the name of the table and then push into our &msg string variable a button that will display the name of that table. Then we display the buttons for our rollable tables. When you click that button, it will send the name of the table to the code branch named --:RollOnTable|. The ScriptCard will resume and execute the code in the branch. In this case, it will create a roll variable with the results of the roll on the table name we passed in via the button. Finally it will display the text of the result. That's just one possible way to provide you a prompt for the selection of a table. Let me know if you have any questions about it. There are certainly lots of ways to accomplish what you wanted and this example can be modified or extended to do what you want in a way that fits best with your table.