Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 2014 NPC sheets not working

I can't get any monster sheet to open, they default to PC sheets even when I go into settings and push it to NPC.  As of now, I can't use any monster in Roll20 and can't run a game until this fixes.  I don't think it's anything I can "fix" on my end.  I have rebooted Roll20 and my computer and tried to set to NPC in game settings and sheet settings to no avail.  Also, most Monsters dragged from the compendium are a blank monster sheet.  If I try to drag the token over to populate it, nothing happens.  Some NPC sheets work, but it seems random, so they're either mostly unusable PC sheets that can't be rolled from, or completely blank NPC monster sheets that can't be rolled from.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi JASON H.,  Please PM me an invite to your game so I can take a look. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
When was the last time you opened this game? Has it been awhile?  There was a bug awhile back that damaged some games, the Devs had to fix a number of them. If you haven't opened it for awhile it might be related. I would file a Help Center report, ask for someone to take a look at your game and see if they can fix it. 
I play every week.  I worked fine last Tuesday. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, so probably not related. I would file the bug report and see if they can do some kind of rollback or something to fix it. 
I send a message to Help.  Thanks for looking. 

Edited 1724536379
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you don't get a response in a couple business days please send me the ticket number and I will see if I can expedite things. 
I loaded a different D&D campaign, same thing, none of the sheets work, so it's the compendium itself is broken I think. 

Edited 1724538857
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you using any extensions that might cause damage to the game? There are a couple extensions that can be damaging to Roll20.  Which module are you using? Edit: I am not seeing the same issue with the compendium. The statblocks still load for me. 
Nothing new, this happened out of the blue, it's worked fine since I started in 2020. 
I'm using Light of Xaryxis with heavy modifications. I loaded Netherdeep and the NPC sheets also wouldn't work. 
I made a copy of Xaryxis, to test that, and they also wouldn't work in the copy game. 

Edited 1724542058
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jason! Which character sheet are you using? I know your thread title refers to D&D 2014, but verification will help to clarify and troubleshoot.
5e 2014
When did they revert the name?  Was it this week?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The new name is D&D 5E (2014), and yes, it was recently renamed in anticipation of the release of the new 2024 sheet. I just loaded a copy of Light of Xaryxis, and then applied the patch and loaded again. In both cases, I was able to view NPC statblocks. What platform and browser are you using? You might also want to try deleting cache and cookies.
Gauss
Forum Champion
JASON H. said: Nothing new, this happened out of the blue, it's worked fine since I started in 2020.  I suggest switching to Incognito (Chrome) or Private (Firefox) mode, creating a new game that way, and testing again. 
I tried Incognito in Firefox and Chrome, no difference, same error
Will try to start a new game though
Keith, using PC and Chrome, been using it 4 years now.  
Starting a new game in Chrome and loading Xaryxis did not fix it.  I haven't cleared the cache yet. 
This is so incredibly frustrating. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Your best bet is to wait for response on the  Help Center Request , then. It may help to capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) from the period where you try to open a sheet. They may be able to gather useful information from that.
I noticed today when trying to pull from Flee Mortals, or Monster Manual Expanded, or other manuals, the token appears but the sheet is broken.  If I open existing tokens (for example I have a token page with hundreds of tokens) those open correctly.  So, it's adding any NEW monster that is not a game., then it doesn't work. 
The exact same thing is happening to me. I've created a new campaign in a brand new game and the NPC sheets open to an unedited sheet. The name of the mob is correct, but there are no abilities, all stats are 10, and if you try to use a save, it says there's no character sheet attached.

Edited 1724974526
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Lenon K.,  Could you provide further details regarding your game?  Are you using a module or add-on?  Which creatures are you pulling from the Compendium when the problem happens?  Are you running any Mods (API Scripts) or extensions?  Does this happen in any other game?
I started a new game in Chrome and tried Jumpgate.  Pulling monsters over in the Compendium, there's a brief delay as a PC sheet, then it reverts to the proper NPC sheet. 
I think im having the same problem too. My sheet has a delay where if i sometimes click a skill attribute, like, for example: Acrobatics, it doesn't register the my proficiency bonus towards the stat. If I double click it or spam it sometimes, it will add the bonus. I can't even select a class on the 2014 5e Sheet either, it won't calculate the saving throws at all. It's been happening for about 3-4 weeks or so. If there could be any help or suggestions, let me know

Edited 1727973520
Skiddy said: I think im having the same problem too. My sheet has a delay where if i sometimes click a skill attribute, like, for example: Acrobatics, it doesn't register the my proficiency bonus towards the stat. If I double click it or spam it sometimes, it will add the bonus. I can't even select a class on the 2014 5e Sheet either, it won't calculate the saving throws at all. It's been happening for about 3-4 weeks or so. If there could be any help or suggestions, let me know I am also having the same problem as this as a player and a GM.  Not to piggy back too much off of the OP but this is very frustrating that this situation has not been resolved. I've been using Roll20 consistently since 2020 and I've never seen it in as bad of a state as it has been over the past couple of days. Compendium search was broken. Monster stats not updating correctly. Player proficiencies sometimes updating and other times you need to do the double click or spam to get it working or turn it off. It is a nightmare to DM right now.