Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I reset the Fog of War on Jumpgate?

I have been moving tokens and testing them, but I want to make sure that when my players jump in, it is reset...how do I go about doing this?  It seems nothing I've tried is working...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Nick B.,  You seem to be asking about Fog of War but describing Dynamic Lighting, perhaps with Explorer Mode enabled.  Could you describe the problem in more detail? What would you like to see?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Nick! Also, if you want to run tests like this, the acid test for what the players experience is to use a  Dummy Account .
hmm...I thought I replied to these, but I'm not seeing them in the thread. I guess I'm not totally clear on the difference between FoW and Explorer Mode in my usecase.  Basically, I want to be able to reset Explorer Mode for a particular token. What Keith suggested is probably where I'll end up!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe resetting Explorer mode is all or none. I don't think you can fine tune it to a particular player.
I would be completely alright with resetting it entirely - I'm still in the map-building process, so more than anything it's for testing.  I don't want a character to jump in and have everything explored already. which is where the dummy account makes more sense. However - resetting doesn't seem to work regardless.
Have you tried deleting the token and dragging in a new one?…