Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Full screen maps?

Just a quick question.  I am wondering if there is any way to make maps go full screen?  My group doesnt use the chat feature much we do voice chat through a third party program in the background so currently a lot of screen real estate is going to waste.  I was wondering if there is anyway to enlarge the portion of the screen that shows maps or to make maps go full screen?  Is this possible?
yeah, i wish i could collapse the chat pane, when we are playing fluxx or chess, there is no need for a chat bar and just takes up space.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
+! Yup, I've suggested the same thing.  all the "toolbars" should  could :) have an option to autohide or something if you don't need them up.  Even the Turn tracker and the main toolbar on the left would be great if they autohid.  I know you can turn the turn tracker off, but I'd like it if I could just look at it by doing a mouse over when I need it and then its gone off to the side.
This would be great.  Could also add a little chat pop up for a few seconds when someone rolls a die to show their result.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Someone had suggested speech bubbles popping up on tokens you specified.  That would be cool!  Any thing you did in the chat would popup as a speech bubble above the token for a bit including dice rolls. :)
Big plus 1
I concur. We use Roll20 as just a map, with PbP in another location. The only useful thing the right-hand side has in it for the players is "Settings", which hardly needs to be up at all times.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Chris L. said: I concur. We use Roll20 as just a map, with PbP in another location. The only useful thing the right-hand side has in it for the players is "Settings", which hardly needs to be up at all times. All I can say is May 1st.  Hint..Hint..
On the Dev server (available only to Mentors) you can collapse the Chat pane already, by clicking the icon on it's upper left corner. I suppose that will roll out on the live server in the next major update, but obviously that's up to the Devs. Also most browsers (at least Firefox and Chrome) can switch to a Fullscreen mode by pressing F11 (press again to go back to normal).
In Chrome, you can right click on the chat and click "Inspect Element" and you can straight up delete the chat. Then fullscreen with F11 and you're golden.
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The ability to collapse the pane is now live.  There's a small tab at the top and to the left of the pane (it sort of overlaps the main window's scrollbar) which allows you to collapse the chat pane now.