Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF 3-5 Playtesters for New Game System in a Multi-Versal Futuristic/Space Theme

AS the title says, I would like at least 3 players to play-test my game mechanics, and I will be GMing a campaign that is futuristic/space-themed. Characters can be taken out of any universe - you could pick your favourite race from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect, etc. and import it into my game. I would like to fill the following roles: Engineer, Medical Officer, Pilot/Helmsmen, Security/Tactical Officer, and if possible a rogue-like character (Agent, Smuggler, Cybertech/Slicer, etc). The Engineer role may already be spoken for, but don't hesitate to apply for any role. The system is similar to most d20 games, but with emphasis on attribute/skill scores over RNG/dice chance. I use a luck die added to attributes to give it a bit of a chance element, but largely, your either good at it or not. I DM as roughly a 60%RP/40% combat type play, and I demand a background story for your character, because I incorporate side plots/quests based on elements of player backgrounds, develop love interests, have archenemies come back to attack you, etc. I also reward the player with the best background. If you are interested in learning more, add me to Skype: pyrogryphon or PM me on Roll20 and we can discuss. Thanx
I'll need to know what time and date you're planning and I'llneed to knowmoreabout the lore of the universe and what kind of team aspect we're going for.
Time and Date are dependent on players, mostly... anytime but Monday & Tues evenings 8pm-12pm EST and Sunday 11am-4pm EST. The Lore of the Universe will be unknown - you can start from any universe/galaxy you want, but you will end up somewhere you've never been. It will start with your ship crashing and having to survive an unknown planet and fix the ship, and then set out to discern where you've ended up. As stated above I would hope to have a team with each of the roles filled, you will be Captain'ed by an NPC (as least as long as s/he lives) and there will be un-named crew NPCs to fill minor roles on the ship. But exploration, major incidents, "away teams" will be handled by the PC group. If you are a big fan of any particular Sci-Fi setting, you can make your race (and possibly class) and background from there, and we will work toward importing the mechanics into my system.
I am in the process of compiling the files I have into a proper Player's Guide, but in the meantime I can give you a run down. Mechanics: every roll is a <attribute> + <luck die> roll. At L1, the luck die is d8. This increases to d10 at L25. Levels go from 1-100 in every class. A character's absolute max is 200, but like in D&D games, the first campaign probably won't get you to max. The attributes are Dexterity, Strength, Perception, Intellect, Vitality, Magic, and Willpower - however we are likely playing a non-magic campaign for this one. Each attribute has 3 skills associated with it. More on that in the Player's Guide. I use a character point (CP) buy for character customization, you get some CP to start and then 1CP per level up. You also get 1 attribute increase every 5 levels. I am usually a fantasy-setting DM, so this will be a change for me, so I will definitely accept input especially from people who've played space settings like Star Trek RPG, Star Wars RPG, Mass Effect d20, etc - or who are avid fans of the sci-fi genre... My mechanics system is in a constant state of WIP, so not much is set in stone, hence the reason for play-testing. I have only play-tested it minimally up until this point, and have had to change a few things each time. If you are interested, add me to Skype, and I can send you the Player's Guide soon
Hi there, So when you say playtest are you looking to run a long term campaign? If you're more interested in doing a short campaign I'd be happy to help you out!
That will depend on the players, I can make my campaign idea 2 parts, Part A survive the planet and get the ship running and Part B, explore this new galaxy. If players want to quit after Part A that is fine.
Bump... anyone else out there?
Still looking? Sounds good to me
I wouldn't mind playing a Medical Officer, or whatever you need, If you have room for a 4th, let me know if you'll have me, I try to act out my characters actions, sometimes the effectiveness varies,

Edited 1414486816
Depending on the date and time I could be interested in this. Could this system handle Sith?
I'd be up for it. when are you thinking of running it?
@J.S. We have a medic, but you are welcome to create one anyway. @Cat It looks like Thursdays is the vote, we havent established an exact time yet. It could handle Sith, however this is a good character campaign... were you referring to the original Sith race, or as in dark side of the Force? You could be a Sith race trying to be good, but I dont want outright evil characters. @Sierra as above, Thurs seems to be the vote. Note that I am up for running two teams if I get 7+ people interested, so feel free to contact me on Skype
I personally don't see the Sith as Evil. Sith code just means using the force to be free and better yourself through any means nessessary. It's the Sith as a FACTION that really fuck it up. He would likely be CN. Thursday at what time by the way?

Edited 1414604297
We have established a 7pm EST start. Likely going to about 10:30pm EST.
Sadly that's a time frame that I can't work with. Good luck, though.
Same as Cat, sorry mang.
What time frame were you 2 looking for?
I'm would like a GMT friendly one, since starting 7pm EST would have us starting at around 1am gmt.
Cat & Sierra, if you both message me on Skype, I might end up starting a second group, if you are interested.
Second Group is a go, looking at Tuesdays 2pm EST
Hey Phoenix! I am not familiar with the rpg systems you mentioned so my ability to testplay maybe limited. I do however thoroughly enjoy scifi in general and would love to try this out if you wouldn't mind! Based on your second group listing for tuesdays
Sure, there is room for more. Msg me on Skype username Pyrogryphon
Bump. We have 3 players, looking for 1-2 more. Someone dedicated to tactical/combat, whether with firearms/ranged weapons, or with melee weapons/lightsabers, would be preffered
Bump. Looking for more players, GMT friendly time zone, vast technical and time consuming costumization. Great game with friendly players.
Hey! Caught my interest., id be happy to join in on this.
Bump. Looking for one player for a campaign that has already started, GMT friendly time zone. A combat savy brute/sneakysneaky-stabstab/psionic, anything that kills things would be much appreciated but we would never turn away another support class.
This looks interesting. I'll join if you still have room.
Hey Five, there is stil room - our DM will contact you as soon as he gets my message.