Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Repeating Field Width

I've have spent the day making a simple character sheet for Supers! RED RPG, teaching myself basic HTML as I go. The sheet is 99% finished but I have hit a rut. As you can see from the screenshot I have managed to add powers information that spans the full sheet, however when I try to add the same information as a repeating field it squashes up to 50% of the screen. I have tried to add width but failed. Any help/advice is much appreciated as once the Powers repeating field is added the sheet will be ready for use in game. <div> <div> <h1>ADvantages/DISADvantages</h1> <br></br> <table style="width:400px"> <tr> <td><h5 style="width:345px">Name</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Cost</h5></td> </tr> <tr> <td><input type="text" style="width:345px" name="attr_van_name"></td> <td><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="van_cost"></td> </tr> </table> <fieldset> <input type="text" style="width:345px" name="attr_vantage_name"><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="vantage_cost"> </fieldset> </div> <div> <h1>APTitudes</h1> <br></br> <table style="width:400px"> <tr> <td><h5 style="width:255px">Name</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Cost</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Rating</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Roll</h5></td> </tr> <tr> <td><input type="text" style="width:255px" name="attr_apt_name"></td> <td><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="attr_apt_cost"></td> <td><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="attr_apt_rating"></td> <td><button type="roll" style="width:45px" value="" name="attr_apt_cost"></td> </tr> </table> <fieldset> <td><input type="text" style="width:255px" name="attr_aptitude_name"><span></span><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="aptitude_cost"><span></span><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="aptitude_rating"><span></span><button type="roll" style="width:45px" value="" /></td> </fieldset> </div> </div> <br></br> <div align="center"> <h1 style="width:397px">POWers</h1> </div> <br></br> <div> <div> <table style="width:800px"> <tr> <td><h5 style="width:255px">Name</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Cost</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Rating</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:45px">Roll</h5></td> <td><h5 style="width:400px">Boosts/Complications/Notes</h5></td> </tr> <tr> <td><input type="text" style="width:255px" name="attr_pow_name"></td> <td><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="attr_pow_cost"></td> <td><input type="number" style="width:45px" name="attr_pow_rating"></td> <td><button type="roll" style="width:45px" value="" name="attr_pow_roll"></td> <td><input type="text" style="width:400px" name="attr_boo_name"></td> </tr> </table> </div> </div> I'm sure my code is clunky but thought I should add part of it for those willing to advise. Thanks
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
br is a void element. Use <br> or <br />, not <br></br> button is not a void element. Use <button ...></button>, not <button ... /> The align attribute on div elements is obsolete. Use CSS instead. Hard-coding nearly every single width of your elements is not the best idea. That said, you could benefit from moving those styles to your CSS file instead of using inline styles for everything. Similarly, using tables for something other than tabular data is not recommended. If you're only using them so that your headers line up side-by-side, consider using the display: inline-block styling. Your fieldsets need class="repeating_my_fieldset_name" (that is, the need a name prepended with "repeating_" set as a class of the fieldset) in order to function properly in Roll20. That said, I can't see the problem you're talking about, mainly because the code you've presented doesn't contain the code you've tried to use and had fail. At a guess, you're wrapping the table row with your pow_name, etc. inputs in the fieldset? That is invalid markup, because the only elements that are allowed to be children of table are caption, colgroup, thead, tfoot, tbody, and tr. if that's what you're trying to do, there is no HTML specification to say how the browser is supposed to handle it, especially since Roll20 hides the fieldset itself and adds in additional markup afterwards.
Thank You for that. I have fixed the repeating field issue I was having thanks to your post. I will look to clean the styling up through css but am very happy to have a functional if not ideally coded sheet. Thanks Again.