Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Text not saving within input fields

Edited 1420987240
Hi guys, I have made my own custom character sheet and having been messing with an inventory/bag system, just simple HTML table with inputs.But when using this sheet in a live game, the "textbox" does not save any text when you close the character sheet. I can't seem to find the problem with my code. (sorry if my formatting is ugly) .sheet-VItext { text-align: center; color: white; } <div class='VItext'> Vehicle Inventory<br><br> <table border='0' style="width: 100%"> <tr> <td align='center'> Quanity<br><input type='number' name='attr_quan'></td><td align='center'> Item<input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem'></td><td Align='center'> Weight<br><input type='number' name="attr_weight"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan1'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem1'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight1"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan2'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem2'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight2"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan3'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem3'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight3"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan4'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem4'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight4"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan5'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem5'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight5"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan6'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem6'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight6"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan7'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem7'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight6"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan8'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem8'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight7"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan9'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem9'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight9"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align='center'> <input type='number' name='attr_quan0'></td><td align='center'> <input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name='vitem0'></td><td Align='center'> <input type='number' name="attr_weight0"></td> </tr> </table> </div>
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
All fields need names that begin with attr_. For examle,most of your textarea tags have names like "vitem0", just change that to attr_vitem0 and you should be fine.

Edited 1420989972
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Each of you textareas is the name="vitem#". Add "attr_" to the name, as this is how roll20 remembers things. So, add the bold part: input type='textarea' style='width: 100%' name=' attr_ vitem1' That should fix it. On a side-note, this the first time I ever (thought) I knew the answer to some one's question. I feel like Captain America getting the flying monkey reference. Edit: ...and G.V. beat me by a hair. Or 15 minutes, give or take.
Oh man, feel like an idiot now. I knew it was something simple
If it helps...its always something simple. Usually, the simpler it is, the completely it stumps everyone . A complex problem can be solved in moments. A misplaced parenthesis can take days to figure out. And heaven help you if you added/subtracted a period some where.
Yeh. Thanks for the help again guys, I really appreciate it. I will post my finished product up eventually.