Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Request for assistance from miniature owners

Edited 1422696137
So this is something I want to try out. I experimented taking a photo of a green dragon miniature, and I think it looks great for to use as a top down token. Trick is, to make it really pop, you need an image editor, like GIMP or Photoshop, to cut out everything that isn't the actual miniature, and add some drop shadow effects. I'd like to do a few more, but all my miniatures are in a different location (other than this, which I bought today). Anyone want to help out, and send some pictures of there miniatures from the top down perspective? For smaller, humanoid miniatures it might make sense to take it from front top perspective, like the common Devin Night token. And white background, like a plain sheet of paper is best so it will be easier to crop. For anyone willing to send pictures, I can share a dropbox or google folder, and you can use them in your own game. If your interested in helping out and having some cool tokens for use in your game, email me at interestcurve (at) gmail.com. Edit: to make clear that this is find a way to get your miniatures into roll20, for use as game tokens. If you have photoshop or GIMP you can just do it yourself, but I have my workflow down, so I'm offering to do it for you.

Edited 1422696052
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If this is for personal use then it might be off-topic for our site. If it is for marketplace usage then there might be legal ramifications that have to be looked at for the use of copyrighted miniatures in the pictures. You might be better served posting it on a general RPG site, like reddit/r/rpg or a site that is more geared toward images like dundjinni or such. I will let the devs decide on this matter.
Pat S. said: You might be better served posting it on a general RPG site, like reddit/r/rpg or a site that is more geared toward images like dundjinni or such. Art requests like this would be better served on sites like reddit. You might also try the photoshop subreddits.