Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script Request - Aura Macro Application

Can anyone help me with a script that can apply/change aura distance, shape and color to a token with a macro? Intended use: I'd like to quickly apply red or green aura's to indicate hostile/friendly status for a sci-fi game.

Edited 1423267091
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
What you want is already written: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1257490/#post-12" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1257490/#post-12</a>... Example: Turning on aura1 for players, setting it's radius to 5, setting it's color to red: !token-mod --on showplayers_aura1 --set aura1_radius|5 aura1_color|ff0000 (Edited to add: Ha, sniped Aaron on his own script! ^_- )
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh snap!!! I spend 40 minutes driving home and this happens!!! I wrote that script in honor of the famed GenKitty, so it's appropriete she should snipe me! Here are a few more thoughts. You can can add an option to click targets to apply this to: !token-mod --on showplayers_aura1 --set aura1_radius|5 aura1_color|#ff0000 --ids @{target|Choose Ship|token_id} If you pre-configure the auras, you could toggle them on: !token-mod --flip showplayers_aura1
Thanks guys. Ya'll, are my idols.
Aaron, how do you set the radius for less than 1? .2 or .5 doesn't seem to work.
Also, is there a way to tick the square box, instead of circle aura? Even if not, this thing is great. Thanks!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Famed? *shiftyeyes*
Ari K. said: Aaron, how do you set the radius for less than 1? .2 or .5 doesn't seem to work. Figured this one out. Needs "0.5" instead of just ".5"
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
!token-mod --on showplayers_aura1 aura1_square --set aura1_radius|5 aura1_color|#ff0000 --ids @{target|Choose Ship|token_id}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Btw, it has a very thorough help in game!
Sorry, I just started reading through it. So many cool things can be done.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries! Just pointing it out. =D I certainly don't mind answering questions! =D