Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

An Open API

With the release of the Roll20 apps designed for playing games face to face, I feel like more than ever a Roll20 open API would be awesome. I run a game at my house with a pretty fun setup that has Roll20 at it's core. It's been seen/done before, but I have a projector the displays a player view onto the table, and a laptop where I control everything from. I also have a raised platform on my table that has controllable LED strips underneath. Each LED is individually addressable so I can do things like torch effects and other lighting situations per player etc. and I have an app I'm developing to go with it. It currently controls the table via wi-fi using a mobile app. If Roll20 had an open API I could have what's happening in Roll20 (and on my table) affect those lights via my app. Some simple ideas are things like flash a players lights when it's their turn, activate torch lighting when I give them a light radius, turn their lights red when they're bloodied, or a million other things. There's a ton of possibility.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .