Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to use the new 'Looking for Group' Feature

Virtual Tabletop Homepage When you login to Roll20 and go to the Virtual Tabletop area, there are two subsets: “My Campaigns” and “Looking for Group”. “My Campaigns” includes both sessions “Campaigns You’ve Created” as Game Master and “Campaigns You’ve Joined” as a player. “Looking for Group” helps you to search for game to join. Looking for Group Page On the Looking for Group page you can either enter a search for games or simply browse listings. In the “Find Games to Join” area you can search listed games by a variety of options. Description keywords, language, days of the week, regularity of session, and start time (all times are converted to your time zone). After filling out the “Find Games to Join” area, click “Find Games” to see a tailored list. The “Looking for Group Listings” will show all games, unless you’ve used the “Find Games” filter. The GM of the game will be listed with brief information about their gaming history, as well game information. Clicking on the name or information for the game will take you to a screen where you can “Apply to Join this Game”. The application allows you to send a message to the campaign’s Game Master. If approved, you will see a notification in your notifications area in the upper right hand corner of your screen (next to your name in the black bar along the top). Listing Games in Looking for Group All campaigns are by default NOT listed -- to list your campaign, simply go to the campaign’s detail page and click the “Looking for Players (List in LFG)” option. This will bring up a screen that allows you to toggle whether or not the game is listed, how many players you are seeking, language options, and whether or not you are welcoming first time players. In order to highlight the game system you are using in your campaign, select the “Click to Edit...” box next to “Playing” to enter free text. In order to set a time that the game will meet, click the “Next game will be” edit box to enter that data. Unlisting a Game from LFG Go to your campaign’s details page and click the “Looking for Players (List in LFG)” link -- in the dialog box that appears, click the “ON” button you used to list the game previously, and this will toggle the game’s listing to “OFF”. - Go forth, make games, find games and play games. <a href="http://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/</a>
Nice:) Doesn't look like you can set the timezone with the date and time?
Scroll over 'How do timezone differences work?' "All game times are shown in your local time, even if the GM is in a different timezone. If you see a game starts at 2:00PM, that's 2:00PM in your timezone, even if it's 8:00PM in the GM's timezone."
Sounds good :) I can't see the "How do...", however I'm currently on my iPad, so probably wouldn't be able to scroll over anyway
The only problem is, I see only 3 listings... total...
The only problem is, I see only 3 listings... total... I suggest making a campaign for others to join.
There are a lot more now! :-)
Can I suggest for the date example you use something that cannot be confused with which date format you use, ie is 10/12/2012 the 10th December or 12th October? 22/10/2012 or 10/22/2012 easily shows how we should input the date.
Any way you can hard code the popular systems and genres? This way it would make it easier to find say Savage Worlds/Fantasy than possibly miss it due to spelling errors.