Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

can't find a list macro help please?

Ok I have searched and I can't seem to find the right key words for it... but what I am looking for is to make a list of possible outcomes into a macro. example roll 1d6 1=jumps 2=ducks 3=swings 4=laughs 5=farts 6=faints and if the macro works right I roll a 1d6 and it will choose the random number and show it up in the macro so.. it will end up like Jorbax learning about his brother and (random roll and it shows action).

Edited 1429800828
Spren
Sheet Author
What you want is a roll table. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta</a>... You make an entry for each option, then give them all equal weight (typically 1 for everything). Then just roll on the table and you'll get a result.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Exactly as Saitama suggests. The wiki contains lots of information for most of the common issues/questions. To do your full output you could simply use: /em learns about his brother and [[1t[emote]]] with emote being the name of the rollable table you make for the various outcomes.
ok got it but.. is there a way to roll the dice in the table? like 2d10 fake silver pieces so when it hits that random part of the table it rolls the 2d10 for me?
Linx S the Rollable Tables sadly don't work like that. I had to create an API call for each table I wanted to do something like that. I'm sure there is a generic way to handle it but I haven't taken the time to do so.
ahh ok thats fine it just makes the table random and we can roll the dice separately.thanks for the help guys!

Edited 1429815983
Spren
Sheet Author
In theory you could add every outcome to the roll table. 1 fake silver, 2 fake silver, 3 fake silver etc. And then you'd get your result. That sounds like a heck of a lot of work though. Especially if it's like a d100 roll. It would probably be easier to add the roll to the macro seperately or yeah just roll it after you see the result.
well its partycracker cantrip for Hedge Wizard. lots of things can happen with the opening of it..

Edited 1429861456
well, once the nested inline rolls hit the live server it might be possible to have your roll table roll your 2d10 by nesting it... i'm not 100% certain on that though... so your 2d10 silver pieces would be input into the roll table as [[2d10]] silver pieces