Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player Using a Mac Laptop Can See Whole Map

OK. I saw another thread about this, but it was closed and not resolved so I'd like to bring it up again. I have one player who uses an old Mac laptop ('07) and even though I have dynamic lighting and restrict movement on he can see the whole map. All other players who use a PC do not have this issue. It gets rather annoying because I have to turn on the fog of war and run it old school (before I came mentor). Refreshing the browser (Chrome) on his Mac doesn't work. Has anyone had this issue and been able to resolve it?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've moved this to the bugs & technical forum due to it being a technical issue
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, i've never had reports of this being persistent after a refresh before. I use a mac (but that being said i'm always a GM, never a player :( ) and haven't had any issues with DL that weren't down to local connection speeds. There was a recent post that 'sort-of' relates to this that might be worth your player trying out: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1890572/flaky-dy" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1890572/flaky-dy</a>... No guarantees but it might help? Either way, please let us know before we throw you/your player at the technical issue steps.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dvergr, what we need is a console log from your player when this happens.
OK. I'll have him do so when he has time to.
I'm the player in question. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened a few times so far. Just refreshing the browser didn't do anything, but restarting the system did. (This poor 07 Macbook Pro, running 10.6.8, still runs fine, but anything that is graphically intensive can bog it down and make it to weird things.) If it happens again, I'll try to remember to get a console log at that time. (since I tend to leave this machine running, it would be some work to find the exact timeframe of last night's episode.)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The console Logs are unique the to page you are on, so if you still have that tab open, you could just copy that tab's console log, otherwise just wait till next time.