Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Going crazy with macros, Templates, and Criticals!

Ok basicaly I have another problem and was wondering if there is a way to do this and have it come out with green square at a 14+ and a red square at a 13-... the template/macro is for Prismatic wall lesser fort reflex and will saves all in one so far it works great , but wanted to do the critical thing... can yall help me? &{template:default} {{name= saves for Prismatic lesser}} {{Red=DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Reflex|0}cs>14]]}} {{Orange=DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Reflex|0}cs>14]]}} {{Yellow =DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Reflex|0}]]}} {{Green =DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Fortitude|0}cs>14]]}} {{Blue =DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Fortitude|0}cs>14]]}} {{Indigo=DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Will|0}cs>14]]}} {{Violet =DC 14 rolls [[1d20+ ?{Fortitude|0}cs>14]]}}
oh yea PS... lol umm this is the part I was suppose to put first but I apologise if this was covered in another thread but I couldn't find it... this is my second month in roll20 and I am going Mad with macros, they are so much fun and I am trying to push the limits.. the Prismatic lesser is a level 0 spell that puts up a wall or sphere, that is prismatic, and because it is a level 0 its saves are 14.. figgured out the variable input thing so you only have to put the monsters reflex will and fort once and it calculates for each one... just would like to see a red box for fail ( then fun things happen) or a green box for succede (nothing happens but minor stuff) just to make it easier on my GM... MACRO MADNESS FOREVER!!!!!!!
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference</a> Refer to the Critical Success and Fumble Points. Do you mean like this ? [[1d20cs&gt;14cf&lt;14]] This will Show green for above 14, and red for below 14.
yea kinda like that but with the reflex and fort and will variables added so green if the roll [[1d20+ ?{Reflex|0}]] so if the 20 rolled a 12 but the reflex variable put in was 2 then it would be 12+2 and that would be 14 so if it was 14 a green box saying it made it... or if the 20 rolled a 10 and the reflex was a 5 so it would be 15 and that would also be a green box success... and anything at the end of a result below 14 would be a red box failure kinda thing
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. said: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference</a> Refer to the Critical Success and Fumble Points. Do you mean like this ? [[1d20cs&gt;14cf&lt;14]] This will Show green for above 14, and red for below 14. And blue right at 14. If you only want red and green, you'd use cs&gt;14cf&lt;13 Linx S. said: yea kinda like that but with the reflex and fort and will variables added so green if the roll [[1d20+ ?{Reflex|0}]] so if the 20 rolled a 12 but the reflex variable put in was 2 then it would be 12+2 and that would be 14 so if it was 14 a green box saying it made it... or if the 20 rolled a 10 and the reflex was a 5 so it would be 15 and that would also be a green box success... and anything at the end of a result below 14 would be a red box failure kinda thing Try this: [[d20cs&gt;[[14-?{Reflex|0}]]cf&lt;[[13-?{Reflex}]]+?{Reflex}]]
ok that worked, now the hard part is this... I am unsure what made it work.. I understand d20cs&gt; is the 14-?{Reflex|0} meaning its 14 minus the reflex input? so if I put in a 5 Reflex it will do 14-5? so if I have that right it minuses the reflex from target number of critical success or failure then it adds the inputed number at the end of the equasion so that in the end if it it 13 or below (even adding up the inputed number) it is a failure and same with success? hope I explained it the way I am seeing it...