Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Summon Monster macro failure

General Summon monster macro not working... this is what it is like. &{template:DnD35Attack} {{name=@{selected|token_name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{selected|weapon7name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]] }} {{attack1= @{selected|weapon7name} attack [[1d20+ ?{hit mod|1}[hit mod] ]] Crit confirm1 [[1d20+?{hit mod|1} [hit mod] ]] poison [[?{poison|d4}]] DC [[?{DC|15}]] }} And this is what I want it to be, &{template:DnD35Attack} {{name=@{selected|token_name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{selected|weapon7name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]] }} {{attack1= @{selected|weapon7name} attack [[1d20+ ?{hit mod|1}[hit mod] ]] Crit confirm1 [[1d20+?{hit mod|1} [hit mod] ]] poison [[?{poison|d4}]] DC [[?{DC|15}]] affecting [[?{status|dex}]] }} the first works fine, but when I add the second it won't show up, almost like I am asking to much of the macro. so any help I could get would be appreciated, and an explanation on why its not working or why I am messing up. Oh yea the normal, sorry if I am repeating a post, but don't see it. so PLEASE HELP! my friend is tearing out her chest hairs trying to figgure this out.
You should get rid of the "[[" and "]]" around the final query, as its result is unlikely to be a valid roll expression (it would barf the same way if you just said "affecting [[dex]]" without the query).
but this is a general roll so sometimes it affects str or dex or con.... see the problem?
but taking out the [[ and ]] worked.. thanks!!!
This is how I fixxed it with your help.. &{template:DnD35Attack} {{name=@{selected|token_name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{selected|weapon7name} }} {{npcflag=true}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]] }} {{attack1= @{selected|weapon7name} attack [[1d20+ ?{hit mod|1}[hit mod] ]] Crit confirm1 [[1d20+?{hit mod|1} [hit mod] ]] poison [[?{poison|d4}]] affecting **?{status|dex}** damage of [[?{poisonroll|d4}]] DC [[?{DC|15}]] on **?{savetype|Fort}** }} so thanks alot!!