Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] NPC Dialog

Hi all! I have been panning through some of my old campaign notes and came across one for a text-based game that I have considered bringing to roll20. I am curious how easy/hard it would be to implement a Dialog system so to speak. Example: Players have access to a token representing Farmer Jon. Clicking on him reveals a token macro which when activated chitters out a pre-set speech. Once done, the initial token macro is replaced by a series of choice trees (Either by spawning/despawning other tokens that fill that line of dialog). It likely is more work than it is worth I would imagine, but I figured I would ask just in case anyone had some ideas. Happy gaming!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure, it's doable . You could put the entirety of Zork  into Roll20, I'm sure. You would practically need to write a MUD from scratch minus the networking protocols, but it's doable . I think the hardest part would be making it extendable, so that you could add new characters and dialogue options on the fly, rather than editing the script.
Thanks. It seems interesting though a bit much for me at the moment. Gives me something to work towards though :)