Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Macro clutter

I am trying to figure out a way to minimize my macro clutter.  Recently we set up attack macros for all the characters in the group which has been great.  Unfortunately this has resulted in a huge block of macros at the top of my map screens which can be a pain in the ass when it comes to managing combats, moving tokens etc. Is there a way to modify what macros appear in this top block?  As the DM I dont really need to see all the attack / save / initiative options for every character. Here is a screen shot illustrating the problem
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could use dropdown queries to select between similar macros (eg, skill checks, saving throws). You could also have a simple echo API script to let you use API buttons instead of a dropdown prompt.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm wondering how you've set it up so you're seeing Token Action macros. I see those as GM only if I click on and select a player's token. I see macros at the bottom of the screen that I've set up as GM on the Settings tab.

Edited 1438441901
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
When creating macros via the My Settings pane, there's options many don't see because they don't scroll down in the dialog window.  Blew my mind the first time I scrolled down! :)
Looks like you need to put the macros in each character's "Attributes and Abilities" tab. Copy and paste should make quick work of it. Also encourage your players to abbreviate the titles so they take up less space.

Edited 1438709396
Wes
Sheet Author
My Apologies for the Late reply, I was distracted by other things and just remembered this thread. My Solution for this Problem is to move the Clutter from one part of the screen to the another, but Hey I can See more of the Table Top, and It's easy enough to scroll through the Chat Panel... What It Looks Like:    The ( Actions ) ability button contains this macro: /w @{selected|token_name} Elven and Fighter: [Fey Ancestry](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Fey Ancestry}) [Mask of the Wild](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Mask of the Wild}) [Second Wind (Bonus Action)](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Second Wind}) [Action Surge](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Action Surge}) ~~~~~~~~~~~Combat Maneuvers: [Feinting Attack (Bonus Action)](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Feinting Attack}) [Precision](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Precision Attack}) [Rally (Bonus Action)](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Rally}) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Attacks: [( Glaive )](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Glaive}) [( Glaive Butt )](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Glaive Butt}) [Long Sword](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Long Sword}) [Long Sword ( 2H )](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Long Sword Versatile}) [Hand Axe ( Range: 20 / 60 )](! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Hand Axe}) This macro will whisper to the players controlling the selected token the Ability Buttons that when pressed will call the token action of that name. (Naming is Very Important Here). You can make the button contain additional information but the actual call needs to have the same name as the characters Ability. For Examle, Viilestre's Hand Axe Button is Labled:  [Hand Axe ( Range: 20 / 60 )] But the Actual Ability is named Hand Axe , which is called in the macro with: (! & #13;& #37; {Viilestre|Hand Axe}) Additionally I have built Queries with Select Menus for the 6 Attributes, STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA; each of which have a macro that looks like this: &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Strength }} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=?{Ability|Strength|Athletics|Save} }} {{rollname=?{Ability} }} {{roll=?{Rolling|Strength,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|basic_strength_check_mod}]] [Str Mod] + [[(@{selected|global_check_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]|Athletics,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|athletics}]] [Athletics] + [[(@{selected|global_check_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]|Save,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|strength_save_mod}]] [Str Save Mod] + [[(@{selected|global_saving_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]} }} {{rolladv=?{Rolling|Strength,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|basic_strength_check_mod}]] [Str Mod] + [[(@{selected|global_check_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]|Athletics,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|athletics}]] [Athletics] + [[(@{selected|global_check_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]|Save,[[ 1d20 + [[@{selected|strength_save_mod}]] [Str Save Mod] + [[(@{selected|global_saving_bonus})]] [Global Bonus] ]]} }} Note: This Macro actually queries twice, Once for the Text and Once for the Roll, It also only rolls One (3d) die, because I was just using the {{rolladv=}} property in the 5e character sheet. I belive it would roll Two (3d) dice if I went back and modified it so both rolls were in the {{roll=}} property. At any Rate perhaps this will help some people with large amounts of Token Actions. May the Quantum Roller favor you! Formatting EDIT: The HTML Entities get eaten.  & #13;& #37; the space between the & and # need to be removed in the macro.