Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting: Draw Polygon tool does not work if the map is a hex map

Our group plays Rolemaster and we use a hex map and I cannot get the Dynamic Lighting draw polygon tool to work with a hex grid map. The lines always wants to begin and end at a hex corner. This makes it nearly impossible to outline a dungeon map and especially a cavern dungeon. Can this be fixed?
Do not press the "shift" key and it won't snap to the grid..which is actually a square with a hex inside of it, in your case. For one hex: Draw one hex image, overlaying an actual hex on your map. Get it perfect for your map. Select it, copy it and paste it for all your other hexes. For a large area, just outline the whole thing without pressing shift. Don't use a super thin line unless you are great with the mouse.
Don't you have to hold the control key for the polygon outline? I do not recall pressing the shift key but I will give it another try.