Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account

[Help] How do I import Hero Lab file for Roll20 into Roll20?

Hi all, This seems like it should be strait forward but I can't seem to find current documentation on how to actually do this.  Most recent posts on the topic appear to be a year old; I'm probably missing it. Hero lab allows users to produce a file output for Roll20 in the following format:  HLD20PRO File (.hld20pro) .  The file is for a pathfinder character.  Now that I have the file how do I get it onto Roll20? Thanks!
I just noticed that the file ends in PRO- does this mean I need a pro level subscription to use the feature?
There's at least one API Script that handles importing data from Hero Lab as Attributes to be used with one of the Pathfinder Character Sheets. Access to the API is only available in games created by Pro users. Note that the ever-updating nature of popular Character Sheets means that unmaintained "importer" scripts are at risk of becoming incompatible.
Thanks for the speedy reply Silvyre.  I've bumbled the subscription level up to Pro and I can now toggle the "allow players to import character" on the games setting menu.  I still don't see any obvious way to even try and use the output file from Hero Lab.  The api script documentation you reference uses a process of cut/paste into a token.  Hero labs advertised this as a "few clicks of the mouse" lol, am I missing a button somewhere that allows you to do this or is it really this complicated?
I think the HLD20PRO stuff is for d20Pro, not Roll20. The campaign settings page says this about the "Allow players to import their own Characters?" option: Allows players (who have a subscription of their own) to import existing Characters into this game. (Emphasis mine.) This is referring to the My Vault feature.
yikes, thought that was the same