Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Disappearing tokens

Some of my tokens have disappeared. All of the tokens of a few different types have vanished. None of the tokens of other types have gone anywhere. When I try to add more of the missing tokens, nothing appears. Im on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4). Safari browser (6.0.5).
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please send me a join link and I will come take a look. - Gauss
Same happened in my game, when I go to my library they show up as broken files/links.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Brice, please send me a join link and I will come take a look. :) - Gauss

Edited 1377458349
Gauss
Forum Champion
So it looks like you are both having issues with gallery.rptools.net images. The problem appears to be on their end. There isn't anything we can do about this, sorry. In the future if you download their image and then upload it to Roll20 you wont have this problem (although that will take some of your available storage space).  - Gauss
Cool. Thanks
Heyo. I've had the same problem, but with only one of my players (Nobody except that player and one spectator has had this issue.) I did download the images and upload them myself, and today my players can't see those images either.

Edited 1377595755
Kadaeux S. said: Heyo. I've had the same problem, but with only one of my players (Nobody except that player and one spectator has had this issue.) I did download the images and upload them myself, and today my players can't see those images either. Said player being me. Operating System: Windows 7 Web Browser: Chrome & Firefox Switching to a different pc did not help. And as Kadaeux pointed out, we had the problem, he uploaded the toekn images himself and it was fixed, but today they were gone again on our end.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kadaeux S. , please send me a join link and I will come take a look.  - Gauss
I have had this same issue-- my biggest problem with this is that when the token disappears, so does all of the information that was stored with the token on their hp and other stats.  At a minimum, if Roll20 can't connect to a token from a provider for some reason they should use a default image in its place and retain the placement and information associated.

Edited 1377697784
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Balthanon said: I have had this same issue-- my biggest problem with this is that when the token disappears, so does all of the information that was stored with the token on their hp and other stats.  At a minimum, if Roll20 can't connect to a token from a provider for some reason they should use a default image in its place and retain the placement and information associated. This is a good point, I'll see if I can add some sort of "placeholder" image for not-found images in the next update. At any rate, unfortunately when using the web search, this is a possibility that can happen. Hopefully they will repair their site and the images will start working again.

Edited 1377800949
Small work around, right click and save the token as an image on your computer and then re-upload it. Would be annoying for *every* token, but the ones you use alot, at least it'll insure never change on ya. edit: to save the image you need to be looking at it in the chat/image menu, NOT on the tabletop itself, that way you place your uploaded image instead of the internet based one.
Can any internet image be used as a token?  Searches only seem to pop up certain galleries, but hosting your own doesn't seem like it would be difficult.
Gid
Roll20 Team
The search in Roll20 only goes to certainly image web libraries. You can either use those image sources or upload your own graphics to your Roll20 account by either dragging images from your desktop onto the tabletop or doing a batch upload via the My Art Library window that you can access via the Sidebar.

Edited 1378683854
I've had tokens disappear from my game, as well - and I'm not just talking about the graphics. When the graphics disappeared from my library, the tokens themselves were actually deleted from the map. I had a bunch of key information about several vital NPCs written in the GM notes section of those tokens, and now I've no way to retrieve it. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nicholas , please send me a join link. I would like to confirm where the tokens were sourced.  - Gauss
Sent, thank you for the quick response. 
I've added some functionality so that now if we are unable to load a token for your game from the web search, it should show a "image not found" icon instead. Hopefully only a temporary measure, but at least you can re-create the token and know where it was, what it's notes were, etc. that way. Hope that helps!
Right, that clears things up for me. Hope they'll fix their website soon! Oh and thanks for the help everyone.