Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I roll from journal entries?

Lets say I make an entry, that is just a table of rolls that are common. 1d20+1 1d20+2 1d6+1 1d6+2 1d6+3 ETC. Is there a way to make them all hyperlink type rolls? When playing MOST monsters in the game, they have simple things... Like 1d20+5 for attack, 1d6+2 for damage.... If I had a journal that I could just click the various rolls, and it would roll them, I wouldn't need to create a sheet for each monster... I could just say, oh it's a +5 monster, or a +2 monster, click click, rolls are easy peasy. (I realize I can make a generic character with all these as macros, but the layout is ugly with a single column. I'd like to get it working with a bit more formatting.)

Edited 1468879201
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nope, but the  dice roller may be able to help you Or something like: 1d20 + ?{bonus|0} would work as a generic macro.
Allen said: Is there a way to make them all hyperlink type rolls? Yes! Check out Journal Command Buttons , or simply copy and paste any other Command Buttons ( API Command Buttons or Ability Command Buttons ) into one of the text fields mentioned there. e.g. copy/paste/submit this API Command Button into the Text Chat, and then copy/paste/save that button as instructed: [Roll](!
 [[ 1d20 + 1 ]] )
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What?! That's awesome. Learn something new everyday.

Edited 1468900878
Well that works. I just had to do the whole ! & # 13;[[1d20]].... I didn't need to do the extra brackets to make it work.... Awesome, roll links. It would be great if we had an insert macro button, or insert roll, etc on the tool bar. But this works.

Edited 1468901972
Silvyre, would you mind providing an example of a Journal Command Button calling an Ability called "Level1Spells"
URL: ~keyword|Level1Spells
Is there a trick for making this work with pop-out windows?  Works fine when the journal window is inside the interface, but when popped out, it gives a page not found link being used:  ~Gellius|Level3    which calls an ability named "Level3" on character journal named "Gellius" I  stream my games on twitch and use pop-outs to keep the map clean for viewers, so I would love to use this functionality, but don;'t want to use sheets inline to the main browser window.
I don't think it will work when it's popped out.
Mark G. said: Is there a trick for making this work with pop-out windows? Not that I'm aware of; sorry.