Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account

Upload Image Bug

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Problem Image files are not uploading using the interface.  It seems as if the system hangs after having the file chosen. Step sequence: Open game, open Image Library, Upload Button, Choose file, Open/Upload, "Upload Files..." hangs File Details JPG 2260x1680 Size: 5.76Mb System Details Windows NT 10.0 Resolution 1920x1080 Browser: Chrome 51.0.2704.103 Java: Enabled Flash: 22.0.-1 Cookies: Enabled
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Free accounts have a file size limit of 5Mb while subscription accounts have a 10Mb limit.  Subscription page . Plus's and Pros can upload maps up to 10MB in size (the limit is 5MB for Base accounts).
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Aaaah the stupidly obvious.  Okay. It isn't giving me a warning about that.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Just a heads up. There is some overhead requirements when uploading an image so if you try to upload an image close to 5Mb but not over, you will not get it to upload. Try to keep it around 4.5 or less so there is less likelyness of having this problem crop up again.
Dear. I would like to subscribe to a pro account, but I fear I cannot use at all Roll20 with this kind of limitations... I have a lot of High resolution maps, about 40Mo with a resolution of 6.000x11.000. I don't want to reduce the resolution of my maps because I have bought a 4K TV to display these beautifull maps on my table ! Is there anyway to upload images superior to 10Mb files ? Or Roll20 is not fit at all to display modern maps with high resolution ? Is there a way to do this, I subscribe to pro-account immediately ! :-)

Edited 1475335218
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Asterion E. said: I have a lot of High resolution maps, about 40Mo with a resolution of 6.000x11.000. I don't want to reduce the resolution of my maps because I have bought a 4K TV to display these beautifull maps on my table ! I recommend converting these images to JPG at 140 DPI, which should still look great on the tabletop and come out at less than 10 MB. See also: Image Best Practices for Roll20
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Asterion E. said: Dear. I would like to subscribe to a pro account, but I fear I cannot use at all Roll20 with this kind of limitations... I have a lot of High resolution maps, about 40Mo with a resolution of 6.000x11.000. I don't want to reduce the resolution of my maps because I have bought a 4K TV to display these beautifull maps on my table ! Is there anyway to upload images superior to 10Mb files ? Or Roll20 is not fit at all to display modern maps with high resolution ? Is there a way to do this, I subscribe to pro-account immediately ! :-) Asterion, The other stunt it to crop them into a set of pieces you can stitch at the end.  I do this for my more intensive maps.