Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I buy and use a token pack?

Darren
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New to Roll20.  My GM has purchased Roll20, but I see references to "Pro" and "Plus" and I'm not sure which one he bought.  He said that everyone in his game is allowed to play for free under his purchase. I didn't like the token he assigned my character, so I browsed through the marketplace and found a pack that has a token I like.  If I buy that token pack, can I use it in his game?  Can the other players in the game use the tokens in any pack I purchase?  If not, would it be better for me to buy the token pack and "gift" it to him.  Would it then be available to everyone?

Edited 1481566245
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Okay, you asked a bunch of questions, so I'll try to get them all!  If the token pack you bought has enabled downloads, you should be able to download the token you like, and then send it to your GM via email or whatnot. As a player, you can't drag and drop stuff into your GM's game unless he makes you co-Gm.  If you gift him the pack, it would just be available for him. You could see all the tokens he placed in that game, but you and the other players, for example, wouldn't be able to use them in other games.  Did I get everything? :) I hope that helps!
Badger said: As a player, you can't drag and drop stuff into your GM's game unless he makes you co-Gm.  While this is true, players can upload Tokens as the Avatar of their Character . A Character's Avatar becomes a Token (in lieu of a Default Token ) when a Character is dragged onto the Tabletop. A GM might later set up the Token of a Character's Avatar as the formal Default Token of that Character (after which point that Character's Avatar can be changed while the desired Token remains).
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Silvyre! I forgot about that feature! I should probably get another cup of coffee and wake up, haha!