Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Pre-order D&D 2024 now and get an exclusive bonus, only on Roll20!
Create a free account

[Symbaroum] - French Translation

Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Symbaroum french translation has been published not so long ago, thanks to a crowdfunding. I was really happy to see that there was an already existing character sheet for this game on Roll20, but my players are REALLY bad english speakers (and readers) so it'd be much easier if it was translated. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about how to make a character sheet or translate an already existing one and absolutely don't have time to read all the existing threads about it.  How could I contact the creator of the sheet to submit him the translations ? (There aren't so many things to translate as the most important parts of the sheet can be filled manually, so it could be done real quick imo :) ) Thanks in advance for your answers !

Edited 1482540671
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
I don't see any official topic on the forum for this sheet. You could try to reach directly the Github coder :&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/noahowings" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/noahowings</a> The sheet will have to use the new translation system for Roll20, as simple copy with different language are not allowed anymore if I am not mistaken :&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3762625/policy-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3762625/policy-c</a>...
Silvyre
Forum Champion
To add, here is the sheet's author on Roll20 . As stated in the thread Orta linked to, in order to submit a translation for the Symbaroum sheet , someone would first need to add Character Sheet i18n support to the sheet's HTML.
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Thanks a lot for your support guys, I'll try to contact the coder !&nbsp;
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Well, despite all of my attempts, the guy doesn't answer so if anyone has the time and motivation to help, he'll deserve my gratitude X)&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think I can help. &nbsp;I'll post back once I make the changes and submit a pull request to make it live. &nbsp;Cheers
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Wow thanks a lot ! Let me know what you need when you need it, I don't understand how the whole thing works ^^'
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have a look at this test sheet Glandulf. ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1891067/8zrBig" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1891067/8zrBig</a> ) &nbsp;This test sheet is using French by default, but this is how it should look for anyone using the sheet with French selected for the default language on roll20. &nbsp;I make no guarantees on the French translation. ;-P &nbsp;If you see something I should change in the translation(I'm sure there must be some), please let know so I can make adjustments. Cheers
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Awesome ! You did great job ! There are just a few translation mistakes, but since the words were out of context, you could not know as we, French people, have various translations and shades for a single english word ^^&nbsp; Anyway, I will edit the handout you created with the right translations !&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the help. &nbsp;I'll make the changes and get this submitted for the next merge. &nbsp;Happy New Year Cheers

Edited 1483940301
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've made a pull request Symbaroum added translation #2145 updated the html with necessary i18n data for translations created translation.json and necessary folder/file data worked with Glandulf to add French translation minor changes to html/css to help with translation changed/added armor quality to a text input as per user request. &nbsp;small bug in prev code caused attribute to never get generated, so this will not affect existing user data.&nbsp; added two new repeating sections Boons and Burdens as per user request. updated sheet.json with translation credit
Hey guys, do you know if this character sheet is up to date ? I translated it in french myself to play Symbaroum's beta but at the release of the latest version of Symbaroum (Errata, new arch...) this character sheet was totally out of date. I saw that this character sheet has been recently updated, but this update is anterior to the errata's release.
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
When was the errata released ? Because we finished updating 3/4 weeks ago if I'm not mistaken, so it should be good.&nbsp; We added Boons & Burdens, which weren't present in the rule book, and corrected few mistakes of the original sheet + translated everything.&nbsp; If you got any issue, contact me or Vince (the one who posted in this thread) we'll be happy to help you !&nbsp;
Nowin
Sheet Author
Hey guys. Original sheet author here. I'm going to start working on the sheet again after pretty much abandoning it (sorry about that). I just got a copy of the Advanced Players Guide today and will look through it. Is there anything specific that needs to be added/changed?
Glandulf
Plus
Sheet Author
Well, technically, we added the major change (Boons & Burdens), changed the attack and defense drop down menu to a text field to allow items to have more than one quality and add new qualities coming with the new books, so unless I miss important things, the sheet is 100% operationnal :)&nbsp;
Nowin
Sheet Author
I saw those updates. I've been in contact with Vincent, who has been awesome in updating the sheet during my ... "absence". If there's anything else to add or change, let me know here or in a PM. Thanks, Glandulf.