Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What kind of macros or tricks, specifically, do you use?

Edited 1383604049
Hey so as the macro system gets more flexible, I was wondering what other GM's and players used for their rolls? I personally like having attack rolls like this /me slams down with their hammer! [[d20+4]] to hit for [[d10+2 Bludgeoning]] dmg! and then in a Pathfinder game I made and shared a macro that most of the group found useful [[d20+?{Skill Bonus}]] on the check because it fit on one line, and they could just type in the bonus from their sheet after hitting the button. What kind of flexible or incredibly specific macros are you using? A trick I've seen is using rollable tables for flavor text, anything like that?
one of my player sent me this: Initiative: This rolls a 1d20 and asks for the modifier, of course you can change it. The big thing with this is that it will automatically add the token to the Turn Tracker that is currently selected. /w gm [[ 1d20 + ?{Initiative Modifier} &{tracker}]]

Edited 1383968676
White
Plus
I don't have anything to fancy. Similarly I use my initiative macro like Nestor. What I also have are basic attack & damage rolls all with a conditional modifier (basic 0) for combat advantage or other bonuses that may apply like sneak attack damage. The interesting thing here is that the macros are bound to character attributes so as the character lvls up and gains power they all update automatically, even the initiative one. For example my basic spell for my wizard is as follows: "/r 1d20 @{INT} @{1/2 lvl} +1 ?{Bonus|0}" where the bonus can come from combat advantage or other mods like an ally assisting my attack. The +1 solo stands for the +1 implement I have. Will probably add gear as a character status as well considering at the moment if I change to another weapon I will need to update all formulas... Its useful to use attributes because as a wizard almost all my spells do different damage and, to avoid looking it up, I just create a lot of macros. On lvl up all that updates automatically. I find that specific macros work best on the situation. Everyone will eventually grow tired of always the same comment on the attack macro, so if I make such a comment, I just either say it in voice chat or type it before the actual roll.
I have a list of skills commonly used, which are on every character sheet (api created, so each is identical until changed by the player) and have them set on my macro bar with the name of the ability in short hand and have it run the ability. for example, click on a character, (so its selected), click the spot macro, (@{selected|spot}) and it will run the spot ability (with whatever flavor' the player has added) for the character sheet tied to that token (every monster/npc/pc or interactable item has a character sheet for it, so yea)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
/me [[ 1d20 ]] for save versus ~~~|Table|~~~ • @{Sav_vs_PPD} Para., Poison, or Death • @{Sav_vs_RSW} Rod, Staff, or Wand • @{Sav_vs_PP} Petri. or Polymorph • @{Sav_vs_BW} Breath Weapon • @{Sav_vs_Spells} Spell /ooc Note: Excludes Wisdom adjustments (@{wis_Magical}) for mind attacks and other adjustments.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael H. said: I have a list of skills commonly used, which are on every character sheet (api created, so each is identical until changed by the player) and have them set on my macro bar with the name of the ability in short hand and have it run the ability. for example, click on a character, (so its selected), click the spot macro, (@{selected|spot}) and it will run the spot ability (with whatever flavor' the player has added) for the character sheet tied to that token (every monster/npc/pc or interactable item has a character sheet for it, so yea) Nice one if the GM doesn't want the players to know what she is checking.... use with a GM roll.

Edited 1384278297
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm still learning my way around macros. But right now, I've set up a pretty simply array for the players and I to use during play. I'm running Witch Hunter 2nd Ed, so there hasn't been anything to really crib from. The macros we have are: skill test: /roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10!10>7sd specialized test: /roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10!10>6sd Initiative roll: /roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10!10>7 &{tracker} Melee test: /me attacks /roll ?{Melee Dice Pool|2}d10!10>7 vs Avoidance /roll ?{Weapon Damage Dice|1}d10!10>7 Damage This macro can easily be re-purposed to any form of attack. My hope is that it will eventually be replaced by more specific character abilities. Here's a cool one I use, too. Thanks again to forum feedback! (You'll need a dummy token on the screen for it to work) Round-Clock: /roll -1 &{tracker:+} And here's my NPC creation macro, which references a handful of tables I've created. I haven't used it in play yet, and it occurs to me it needs to be whispered: /me creates a NPC /roll 1t[NPC-Personality] /roll 1t[NPC-Age] /roll 1t[NPC-Mannerisms] /roll 1t[NPC-Reaction] Tom
I recently updated the D&D 4th Edition Specific Use Wiki page with some of the fancier stuff I use that I've compiled from other threads. It's more focused on GM macros since (let's be honest) character macros are pretty easy. I realized after I did a huge section on Dev specific features that those features hadn't been officially announced yet (whoops!) so I had to remove them but suffice to say they're a huge quality-of-life improvement for GMs. The global macro stuff should work but I use the advanced stuff so it's unnecessary on Dev. For the most part my ideas with GM macros are to utilize inline rolls to cut down on dice roll spam in play and make it more obvious what is attack what. The "selected" feature is really handy with monster character sheets. For example: /emas @{selected|token_name} rolls [[d20+@{selected|Attack}]] for [[@{selected|Damage} damage! If Attack is 5 and Damage is 1d6+2 (you can put dice rolls as attributes) using this macro would have the following output: Goblin rolls 12 for 4 damage! Mousing over the numbers will show you the actual rolls. Other than that I use the initiative macro. If you use it on monster tokens you can quickly roll initiative for monsters (it adds them to the turn tracker and rolls their initiative together). Either way once they announce the latest Rugged Reroll updates there's some stuff in there that's a huge time-saver.

Edited 1384197741
*Update* Added update information back into Wiki page. Since the update has been announced officially, the new feature is the Token Actions. With token actions you can create a set of abilities for a monster based on their specific ruleset and have those options come up whenever you select a token with that monster. Targeted abilities let you then select a monster, click the ability, and have it show exactly what you need to know for the roll, i.e. "Goblin Cutthroat rolls 16 vs Bob the Slayer's AC 15 for 7 damage, plus 4 with combat advantage!" The effect is that my goblin with two attacks (melee and ranged) only shows two options when I click on it, with proper damage values and special abilities taken into account, and then shows seven options for my dragon with breath weapon recharge, special attacks, etc. all easily available. The only thing I have to manually do is add special modifiers (such as +2 for combat advantage) and alter hit points. I could probably do that with the API but the main time wasters, looking up my to hit, damage, and defenses for creatures engaged in combat, are all taken care of. And since they're associated with a default token (which could be a rollable table token that can randomly change to a different monster...) all I have to do is drag and drop a playable monster onto the battlefield. If I want to know the details I can just shift+double-click it to see the full stats without ever having to even open the journal tab during play. This, more than any other feature of Roll20, has finally made playing online more efficient than our face-to-face games. I now do all my setup for face-to-face on Roll20 (it's even faster, and all I need are drawn maps since my players are seeing dungeon tiles) and keep track of initiative, my monsters, and damage through Roll20. And it incorporates perfectly with online play so, if a player is on vacation somewhere else but still wants to play, it's hardly any more effort to let them join our game. Try it for a session. It's fantastic.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jacquesne J., you can use a query for special modifiers. Most of my macros have one built in.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I use sub-macros in my macros, so that as I progress with my character, I have fewer changes to make. For example, here are the macros relating to my powers on my D&D 4e Warden: #d20pSTR [[d20+@{Blackstone|STR}+floor(@{Blackstone|LVL}/2)+2+2+1]] #d20pSTRq [[d20+@{Blackstone|STR}+floor(@{Blackstone|LVL}/2)+2+2+1]]{?{Targets}} #1[W]pSTR [[d10r<2+@{Blackstone|STR}+2]] #2[W]pSTR [[2d10r<2+@{Blackstone|STR}*2+4]] #1[W]pSTR-CON [[d10r<2+@{Blackstone|STR}+@{Blackstone|CON}+2]] #WardensFury /me lashes out with nature's wrath! #d20pSTR vs. Fortitude Hit: #1[W]pSTR damage, target grants combat advantage to you and you allies until the end of your next turn. #Attack /me swings his mighty hammer! #d20pSTR vs. AC Hit: #1[W]pSTR damage. On an opportunity attack, deal an additional @{Blackstone|CON} damage and the target is slowed. #WeightOfEarth /me sends the primal energy of the earth flowing into his enemy. #d20pSTR vs. AC Hit: #1[W]pSTR-CON damage, target is slowed until the end of your next turn. #ThornStrike /me launches spectral thorns from his hammer! #d20pSTR vs. AC Hit: #1[W]pSTR damage, pull the target 1 square. #GoringCharge /me lowers his horns and charges forward! [[d20+@{Blackstone|STR}+4+floor(@{Blackstone|LVL}/2)]] vs. AC Hit: [[d6+@{Blackstone|STR}]] damage, target is knocked prone. #RootsOfStone !rr /me unleashes a burst of primal energy which causes the ground to ripple! !rr #d20pSTRq vs. AC !rr !rr Hit: #1[W]pSTR damage. When target leaves the zone, it is knocked prone and takes [[@{Blackstone|CON}]] damage. #WintersHerald !rr /me swings his hammer in a freezing whirlwind! !rr #d20pSTRq vs. AC !rr !rr Hit: #1[W]pSTR-CON cold damage, target is immobilized (save ends) !rr Miss: Half damage, target is immobilized until end of your next turn. #EarthgraspStrike /me uses the primal power of the earth to slam his foe to the ground, where the rocks hold it firm. #d20pSTR vs. AC Hit: #1[W]pSTR damage, and you knock the target prone. The target can't stand up until the end of your next turn, and the first time it stands up before the end of the encounter, it takes [[d10+@{Blackstone|STR}]] damage. #RampantForest /me draws forth the spectral essence of a primeval forest to impede his foes' movement. #d20pSTR vs. Fortitude Hit: #2[W]pSTR damage. Target's space and adjacent squares become difficult terrain for enemies until end of encounter. Miss: Half damage. Effect: Until the end of the encounter, when you first hit any enemy, that enemy's space and adjacent squares become difficult terrain for enemies until end of encounter. #SoothingWind /me regains his vigor in the heat of combat! Use second wind and gain an extra [[2d6]] hit points. #MountainHammer /me strikes with the strength of a mountain! #d20pSTR vs. Fortitude Hit: #2[W]pSTR damage, target takes [[-@{Blackstone|CON}-1]] penalty to melee attack rolls until the end of my next turn. #weaponCrit /me crits for [[2d6]] damage! #weaponCritGuardian /me crits for [[2d10]] damage in his guardian form! Whenever I increase my to-hit, I edit #d20pSTR and #d20pSTRq, rather than every single attack macro. Whenever I increase my damage, I edit #1[W]pSTR, #2[W]pSTR, and #1[W]pSTR-CON. d20pSTR is used for my normal attacks against a single target (GoringCharge does not use my craghammer, so it's my only attack with a different to-hit roll), while d20pSTRq is for my AoE attacks using my roll-repeater script. The 1[W]pSTR and 2[W]pSTR macros are for my 1[W] and 2[W] damaging attacks, respectively, and 1[W]pSTR-CON is for 1[W] attacks which apply slow or immobilize on hit (Crippling Crush feat). When I roll a critical hit, I manually call my weaponCrit macro or my weaponCritGuardian macro, as appropriate (Guardian's Call Craghammer does d10 crit instead of d6 if I'm in a guardian form). As a bonus, my macros are a bit easier to read, shorter, and it's simpler to add a new macro, with less risk of errors accumulating throughout my character.
This is good stuff Brian! Thanks for sharing. I am going to share this with my group, great write up.
Gauss , I tried using queries but since they come up so rarely I got annoyed having to press enter all the time (for default 0). Adding or subtracting two occasionally is faster for me and since I'm not using the API to add or remove hit points (where the check vs defense would matter in output) I ended up taking the roll queries out. If I started using the API for hit point tracking (among other things) I may add it back in. I haven't looked at the API forum recently to check on how text parsing or the targeted macros work with the API. Although if I'm using the API I may just implement an automatic +2 to hit when targeting something that has a certain mark (for something like combat advantage). Not sure if that's more trouble than it's worth, although I suppose that could be applied to the whole API, heh. Another project, yay! =)
for initiative and saves i have a set of universal macros that you just select the token and click the macro... initiative [[1d20 + @{selected|dexterity} &{tracker}]] /w gm [[1d20 + @{selected|will} + @{selected|wisdom}]] will save /w gm %{selected|save-bonus} etc. the save bonus ability is just a list of any situation specific bonuses they might get based on their class or race. I used the /w so that i can roll the saves for them without them knowing if appropriate, or they can roll if they get to know what they are rolling and only the 2 of us can see the results. For attacks i made macros for all the weapons in the pathfinder core rule book that anyone can copy/paste from the campaing forum if they want to add a weapon to their arsenal... dagger attack [[1d20+@{base attack}+@{strength}]] damage [[1d4+@{strength}]] /w gm 19+ longspear attack [[1d20+@{base attack}+@{strength} ]] damage [[1d8+floor(@{strength}*1.5)]] /w gm x3 heavy crossbow attack [[1d20+@{base attack}+@{dexterity} ]] damage [[1d10]] /w gm 19+ etc. all they have to do is add a line break before the /w and the attack and damage show up in the chat log, but only the gm sees the reminder of what crit damage is and when it crits. I am hoping that rugged reroll will include a few more roll output flags that will let me only roll damage on a hit vs selected target ac, and possibly even automatically deduct hp. any other macros for spells and such have been left to the players.I check them periodically to make sure nobody is doing anything funny with their rolls, but i havent had any problems.
I created a Called Shot character and use it's mini as a menu for selecting the type of Called Shot. Complete with exciting macros such as HeartDebil! /me executes a perfect strike to @{target|token_name}'s heart! Exhausted, [[1d6]] Con damage, [[1d4]] Con bleed. Fort save (DC = Attack) or DED! /w @{target|token_name} <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Exhausted" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Exhausted</a>
I use a string of whisper rolls for group perception checks /em The DM is rolling some dice behind his screen /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC1 /w gm [[1d20+1]] PC2 /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC3 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC4 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC5 Change PC1-5 with the character names of the group. I use the same emote for my hidden query roll /em The DM is rolling some dice behind his screen /w gm [[1d20+?{Modifier|0}]] result It puts the characters on edge to see hidden rolls are being made.
John R. said: I use a string of whisper rolls for group perception checks /em The DM is rolling some dice behind his screen /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC1 /w gm [[1d20+1]] PC2 /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC3 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC4 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC5 Change PC1-5 with the character names of the group. I use the same emote for my hidden query roll /em The DM is rolling some dice behind his screen /w gm [[1d20+?{Modifier|0}]] result It puts the characters on edge to see hidden rolls are being made. I do the same thing; but use @{Elastina Acidhorn|WIS bonus} instead of hard-coding the bonuses. That way as long as they keep their sheets up to date I don't have to change anything (unless a PC changes their name).

Edited 1386041828
Sam
Sheet Author
For my macros I've taken to breaking them up quite a bit. Like Brian I like using sub abilities since if my one of my attributes were to change I want that to automatically propagate through my various macros so I don't have to change anything. My abilities have a very special naming convention. If they start with "REF" that means the macro is used only as a reference ability for my other abilities. This tells the user that they are not supposed to use that one in and of itself. I have also taken to using some attributes as logical gates so that I am not being constantly bombarded with queries. You'll also notice that the reference abilities never actually roll anything themselves. All they do is build the macro. The calling ability will evaluated and execute the final roll. Reference Only Abilities Ability Name Ability Formula REF-Melee-Attack 1d20 [Crit (17-20) / x3] + @{BAB} + @{Dex} [Dex] +2 [WFocus] + 5 [Enhancement] - %{Kenshin|REF-Power-Attack} [PAttack] + @{Misc. Attack Bonus} [Misc. AB] REF-Power-Attack @{is Power Attacking?}* (floor(@{BAB} /4) + 1) REF-Melee-Damage 2d6 [P / S] + floor(@{Str} * (1 + 0.5 * @{is Held Two Handed?})) [Str] + %{Kenshin|REF-Power-Attack} * (2 + @{is Held Two Handed?}) [PAttack] + @{Misc. Damage Bonus} [Misc. DB] REF-BAB floor(@{Level} * .75 ) REF-AttacksPerRound ceil(%{Kenshin|REF-BAB} / 5) I calculate the BAB because sometimes evil sorcerers like to use spells like enervation which gives negative levels. It's always nice to be able to calculate your BAB on the fly. BAB Calculation as follows Size of Hit Die Formula d10 and d12 @{Level} d8 floor(@{Level} * .75 ) d6 floor(@{Level} * .5 ) Calling Macros Ability Name Ability Formula BAB-Check /w Kenshin Your BAB attribute should be set to [[%{Kenshin|REF-BAB}]]. This means that you can make a total of [[%{Kenshin|REF-AttacksPerRound}]] attacks per round. Feint-Check /em moves suddenly attempting to feint his opponent Feint Check: [[d20 + 15]] /ooc Rules for feinting are located here <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-</a>... Wave-Strike /em presents a serene facade until he unsheathes his weapon and strikes with one fluid motion %{Kenshin|Feint-Check} %{Kenshin|Melee-Attack} Single-Attack /em swings his sword to strike at his foe Attack [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Attack}]] vs AC Damage [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Damage}]] Full-Attack /ooc Full attack for Kenshin vs AC Attack [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Attack}]] Damage [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Damage}]] Attack [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Attack} - 5 [BAB Penalty]]] Damage [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Damage}]] Attack [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Attack} - 10 [BAB Penalty]]] Damage [[%{Kenshin|REF-Melee-Damage}]] Defensive-Casting /em attempts to cast a spell defensively Concentration Check: [[1d20 + @{Caster Level} [Caster Level] + @{Int} [Int] + @{Spell Concentration Bonus} * 2 [Concentration Bonus] ]] vs Defensive Casting [[15 + ?{Spell Level (0-6)|0} * 2]] Spell-Touch-Attacks /em attempts to hit an enemy with a touch spell Spell melee or ranged touch attack: [[1d20+@{BAB} + @{Dex} [Dex] ]] By having the calling macros evaluate the reference macros, this allows me to apply specific changes to the macro right before it's used. As in the case of my Full-Attack where I add in the -5 and -10 BAB penalties respectfully. Utility Abilities Ability Name Ability Formula Initiative /w gm My initiative is [[20+@{Initiative} &{tracker}]] Skill-Check ?{Skill Type|Perception}: [[1d20+?{Skill Mod|23}]] Knowledge-Check /em looks very pensive for a moment... Knowledge (?{Knowledge Type|}): [[1d20+?{Knowledge Mod|}]] AC-Check /em is displaying current AC Bonuses Main AC: [[10 + @{Armor} + @{Shield} + @{Dex} + @{Ring of Protection} + @{is Sword Drawn?} * @{Int} - @{is Held Two Handed?} * 1]] Touch AC: [[10 + @{Dex} + @{Ring of Protection} + @{is Sword Drawn?} * @{Int}]] Flat-Footed AC: [[10 + @{Armor} + @{Shield} + @{Ring of Protection} - @{is Held Two Handed?} * 1]] Suffocation-Check @{selected|token_name} can hold his breath for [[@{ConScore}*2]] rounds before beginning to make DC [[10]] Fortitude checks each round. Each successful check increases the next DC by +1. The first failed check causes @{selected|token_name} to begin to suffocate. The first round @{selected|token_name} falls unconscious (0 hp). The following round @{selected|token_name} drops to -1 hp and is dying. In the third round, @{selected|token_name} suffocates and is dead. Sorry for the cryptic "is Sword Drawn" and "is Two Handed", sometimes I write attributes like a programmer writes variables. These are simple boolean (True/False) selectors to allow for my macros to be very dynamic. I wrote the suffocation check macro because that seems to come up time and time again in campaigns asking about how long can a person hold their breath. Well the macro quickly answers that question based on the selected token. I wanted to show you guys another macro that I wrote in hopes that it might inspire you guys. I'm really proud of how this macro turned out because by using numeric boolean values (0, 1) I was able to invert the value to allow for two separate actions to happen in the same macro. Ability Name Ability Formula REF-ArrowDamage ( (1d8 * (1 - @{Is Gravity Bow?})) [Normal Arrow] + (2d6 * @{Is Gravity Bow?}) [Gravity Arrow] ) [Piercing] + 1d6 [Elemental] + 2d6 [Alignment] + @{STR} [Str] + 2 [WSpec] + 2 [Fighter Bonus] + 1 [Bracers] + 5 [Enhancement] + @{Misc. Damage Bonus} [Misc. Damage Bonus] + (%{Royden Hyoudo|REF-Deadly-Aim} * 2) [Deadly Aim] What makes this macro shine is the "Is Gravity Bow" boolean selector. This character uses a composite bow with the gravity bow spell. When he casts the spell, his arrows deal damage as if they were one size category larger for the duration of the spell. Normally this would require two different macros. However, because I was able to invert the boolean value by subtracting it from 1 I get two options for arrow damage: 1d8 or 2d6, with just one attribute and one macro. If anyone has questions about my macros or wants my help writing your own, just let me know.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nice damage switch. :)
wow, only thing I use thats even remotely clever is a couple of macros like this: [whisper] - /w @{selected|token_name} ?{message?} [say] - /emas @selected|token_name} ?{message?} mostly because I am lazy, and type poorly when typing fast. plus, much faster to click on the token and then the macro to either speak as or whisper to a specific character.
Sam
Sheet Author
I like the idea of making a macro with the whisper and emas. I'm going to incorperate those right away :)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael H. said: wow, only thing I use thats even remotely clever is a couple of macros like this: [whisper] - /w @{selected|token_name} ?{message?} [say] - /emas @selected|token_name} ?{message?} mostly because I am lazy, and type poorly when typing fast. plus, much faster to click on the token and then the macro to either speak as or whisper to a specific character. Both really good.
Sick! I am going to share this with both of my campaigns. Nice Macros.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/494410/a-way-to-spice-combat#post-494447" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/494410/a-way-to-spice-combat#post-494447</a> "monster" catch phrases
Sam
Sheet Author
Once Rugged Reroll hits and duplicate queries will only prompt once, I will probably change the majority of my conditional attributes to be queries.
@ Samuel, Your boolean switch blew my mind. I am totally stealing it for controlling rage, defensive, etc with roll queries to the players.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
John R. said: I use a string of whisper rolls for group perception checks /em The DM is rolling some dice behind his screen /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC1 /w gm [[1d20+1]] PC2 /w gm [[1d20+3]] PC3 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC4 /w gm [[1d20+0]] PC5 Change PC1-5 with the character names of the group. I LOVE THIS! Anyone know how to do this without having to keep track of my player's stats? Here is my basic Notice skill roll: /roll [[@{Intuition}+@{Notice}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;7sd
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want a group roll like that your probably don't want the ?Modifier prompt. this should work: /gmroll [[@{charactername1|Intuition}+@{charactername1|Notice}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for charactername1 /gmroll [[@{charactername2|Intuition}+@{charactername2|Notice}+?{Modifier|0}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for charactername2 etc Replace charactername1 with a characters name, etc.
Initiative roller for Pathfinder (and similar systems) The GM goes to settings, and makes a macro called "INIT". The macro itself reads as follows (use copy/paste to ensure accuracy): /emas @{selected|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+?{modifier|0}&{tracker}]] for initiative! Then scroll down a little bit and check "Show as Token Action" on. Then scroll down a little further and under "Visible to Players", select "All Players" Then save it. Now, when it's time for a player to roll their character's initiative, all they have to do is click their token, hit the INIT button that pops up, and enter their initiative modifier. Their token will automatically be added to the Turn Tracker!
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
G G said: If you want a group roll like that your probably don't want the ?Modifier prompt. this should work: Replace charactername1 with a characters name, etc. This begs the question, how does the system identify characters with two names (first and last)? I added an emote to an NPC and only the first name applied. In other words, will this work: /gmroll [[@{Robert Johnson|Intuition}+@{Robert Johnson|Notice}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for Robert Johnson or do I only need to do this: /gmroll [[@{Robert|Intuition}+@{Robert|Notice}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for Robert Johnson
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tom said: G G said: If you want a group roll like that your probably don't want the ?Modifier prompt. this should work: Replace charactername1 with a characters name, etc. This begs the question, how does the system identify characters with two names (first and last)? I added an emote to an NPC and only the first name applied. In other words, will this work: /gmroll [[@{Robert Johnson|Intuition}+@{Robert Johnson|Notice}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for Robert Johnson or do I only need to do this: /gmroll [[@{Robert|Intuition}+@{Robert|Notice}]]d10!10&gt;7sd for Robert Johnson The name will be whatever is in the Name box on the character journal. This works (I just tested it): /gmroll [[@{Robert Johnson|Intuition} +@{Robert Johnson|Notice} ]]d10!10&gt;7sd for Robert Johnson Tip: when entering a stat, type @ and you're get a dropdown. Start typing the Attribute name (not the character name), and it will show you a list of all character sheets with that attribute.
It's a gimmick macro that I probably won't use more than once or twice, but this was fun to make. An ogre is using casks of burning oil as a makeshift grenade, but his aim is off. I created a rollable table with 8 directions (north, northeast, etc), then had this macro reference it for when he throws the cask: Macro text: /emas The ogre hurls the cask with all his might! Such an unwieldy missile rarely hits where he was aiming, though, and lands [[@{selected|Att2}]] feet to the [[1t[Direction]]] of @{target|token_name}. The cask explodes, showering the area with flame, and setting the ground on fire where it landed! Shown: The ogre hurls the cask with all his might! Such an unwieldy missile rarely hits where he was aiming, though, and lands 15 feet to the SouthEast of Human Rabble. The cask explodes, showering the area with flame, and setting the ground on fire where it landed! The "Att2" for the ogre is a "1d4 * 5 - 5" value in his character sheet attributes. If I wanted to use squares instead of feet, I would change it to "1d4-1" Next a simple 3d6 damage macro, followed by a separate attack vs reflex save (based off of the player's character sheets) for each person caught in a burst 1 area around the impact point.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's pretty good. I know lots of games need a random direction roll from time to time.
@Samuel, I just wanted to say thank you again for the idea of using Boolean values in my abilities. I'd never have thought of doing that before, and it has significantly reduced the number of macros I've had to use. Now instead of having to have macros for regular and full round attacks, power attacks for both, rage for both and enlarge person for both, I can drop it down to one single macro for each...

Edited 1387509741
I kinda drive myself insane with my own macros. (There's cleaner ways to do it, but I tend to just push through it) This assumes that I have base Attributes in my character sheet (str, dex, level, bab, etc) I keep a set of variables for three different weapons and keep track of their attack and damage bonus' there. So AttackBonus1 and DamageBonus1 correlate to my +1 flail of acid. (so +1 attack bonus and +1 damage bonus). If I get +2 flail, or someone buffs my attack rolls, I just update the AttackBonus1 value on my character's attributes and swing as usual. /me swings his flail around, the blunt protrusions glistening with drops of magical acid... Attack: [[1d20+@{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|BAB} +@{Rurik|AttackBonus1} ]] Damage:[[1d8 + @{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|DamageBonus1} ]] + Acid:[[1d6]] Bludgeoning (20/x2) If the attack threatens... Crit Confirm:[[1d20 + @{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|BAB} + @{Rurik|AttackBonus1}]] for an Addt'l [[1d8 + @{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|DamageBonus1} ]] Bludgeoning Dmg This results in output like this: Rurik(Dwf Ftr): Attack: 21 Damage:10 + Acid:4 Bludgeoning (20/x2) If the attack threatens... Crit Confirm:22 for an Addt'l 5 Bludgeoning Dmg Now this one I'm still playing with. Not sure if I have the math quite nailed down yet. Rurick is playing a Carrion Crown campaign and we're constantly plagued with CON damage. I've always used a macro to display my defences like AC, saving throws, etc, but I recently decided to incorporate my HP, both current and max into it. As I take damage, rather than updating the little circles on my char, I update my character sheet which has variables for DamageTaken, and ConDamage. (BaseHP I just enter staticly from HP rolls as I've leveled) (And yes... it's painful to read.) /me attempts to defend himself from the attack... (DEFENSES) HP: Current:[[@{Rurik|BaseHP} + (@{Rurik|Level} * @{Rurik|CON} ) - (@{Rurik|Level} * @{Rurik|ConDamage} ) - @{Rurik|DamageTaken}]] / Max:[[@{Rurik|BaseHP} + ( (@{Rurik|CON} - @{Rurik|ConDamage}) * @{Rurik|Level} )]] AC:[[10 + @{Rurik|ArmorBonus} + @{Rurik|Shield} + @{Rurik|DEX}]]+2 vs Aber/+4 vs Giant Fort:[[1d20 + @{Rurik|Fortitude} + (@{Rurik|CON} - @{Rurik|ConDamage})]] Ref:[[1d20 + @{Rurik|Reflex} + @{Rurik|DEX}]] Will:[[1d20 + @{Rurik|Will} + @{Rurik|WIS}]] (+1 vs fear) CMD[[10 + @{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|DEX} + @{Rurik|BAB}]]/ vs Trip:[[10 + @{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|DEX} + @{Rurik|BAB} + 6]]/ vs Disarm:[[10 +@{Rurik|STR} + @{Rurik|DEX} + @{Rurik|BAB} + @{Rurik|DisarmBonus} ]] Spell Resistance: [[5 + @{Rurik|Level} ]] Which outputs like this: Rurik(Dwf Ftr): (DEFENSES) HP: Current:37 / Max:37 AC:22+2 vs Aber/+4 vs Giant Fort:15 Ref:6 Will:6 (+1 vs fear) CMD19/ vs Trip:25/ vs Disarm:21 Spell Resistance: 9
Sam
Sheet Author
The best part is that now with rugged reroll a single attack macro or a full attack macro has the exact same or very similar number of queries now!

Edited 1387526191
For the dark heresy game i play in. /me uses Will Power /roll ((?{Modifier|0}+ceil(@{Raziel|WP}))-1d100)/10 Lasgun: /me attacks with Lasgun on single fire. /roll (((@{Raziel|bs} +?{Modifier|0})+10)-1d100)/10 Hatred Mutants +10 BS Hatred Psykers +10 BS /me Ammo use /roll @{Raziel|Ammolasgun} -1 /me Damage done Type:E, Pen:0 /roll 1d10+3 Basic Skill: /me uses the awareness skill. /roll ((?{Modifier|0}+ceil(@{Per}/2))-1d100)/10 advance skill: /me uses the dodge skill. /roll ((?{Modifier|0}+ceil(@{ag}))-1d100)/10) Initiative: /roll 1d10 + @{Raziel|AGB} &{tracker} Melee: /me attacks with the Bastard Sword. /roll ((@{WS} +?{Modifier|0})-1d100)/10 Hatred Mutants +10 WS Hatred Psykers +10 WS /me Damage Done. Type:R, Pen:3 /roll 1d10+1+@{SB} SB
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just a simple little trick to convert d20 system ability scores into the corresponding ability modifier. Example: Initiative [[1d20 +floor(@{Dexterity}/2-5)]]
I cant get this to work, anyone have suggestions? /emas @selected|token_name} ?{message?} I get this- selected d|token_name} (Text I entered)
I am also trying to get a variable macro to allow me to select the number of dice, dice type, and bonus, is that possible?

Edited 1392618738
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
michael c. said: I am also trying to get a variable macro to allow me to select the number of dice, dice type, and bonus, is that possible? Here is an example: [[(?{Melee Dice Number|1})d?{Melee Dice Size|8}+?{Extra Damage Modifier|0}]]
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael, You are missing a bracket. It should be: @{selected|token_name}
Thanks guys! Those worked perfectly
Hyme said: Lasgun: /me attacks with Lasgun on single fire. /roll (((@{Raziel|bs} +?{Modifier|0})+10)-1d100)/10 Hatred Mutants +10 BS Hatred Psykers +10 BS /me Ammo use /roll @{Raziel|Ammolasgun} -1 /me Damage done Type:E, Pen:0 /roll 1d10+3 Melee: /me attacks with the Bastard Sword. /roll ((@{WS} +?{Modifier|0})-1d100)/10 Hatred Mutants +10 WS Hatred Psykers +10 WS /me Damage Done. Type:R, Pen:3 /roll 1d10+1+@{SB} SB You can auto-calculate penetration by using the kh1 command: {1d10, 1d10}kh1+5-({@{target|AP}-4,0}kh1 + @{target|TB}) This one also includes a kh1 for Tearing - it's pulled from a bolter script. It basically says "pick the higher of these two things" so by subtracting the pen from the AP it comes up with a negative number if your Pen is higher than the enemy's AP.