Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Game Call of Cthulhu 7th edition

New to call of Cthulhu . looking to learn and play in a 7th edition game . i live in the Central time zone and can play most evenings after 5pm .. 
Anyone running call of Cthulhu out there..?
was setting one up last month, but the group stopped answering, So I am running a sci fi horror via Traveller, and Discord.
Howdy.  I started playing CoC 7th at a local gaming store.  I like the system.  I am trying to run a different game at the moment, but I would be up for joining a CoC game should it get underway.
Anyway regardless of these other games im looking to play COC 7th ed. let me know if you have a game opening

Edited 1493446816
I ran a semi-epic CoC genre game in real life, and I thought I did a good job.  A lot of the stuff could translate into online play... puzzle and mystery solving... It wasn't exactly CoC though.  I ran it in GURPS so technically it as GURPS horror.  And I didn't use the official CoC pantheon of monsters.  But the feel was the same.  See what you think of this: "The two powers at work in this world are not Good vs. Evil. They are not Light vs. Darkness. Neither are they Order vs. Chaos nor Freedom vs. Slavery nor Life vs. Death. The two forces at work are those who seek to unleash the ancient godlike beings that threaten to consume and destroy this planet and those who seek to prevent their manifestation. This battle has waged for a hundred millennia. Those who seek to unleash the ancient ones do so to serve their personal ambition and lust for power. They are blind to the consequences of their reaching this goal. They make the proverbial deals with the proverbial devils, in the hopes of obtaining personal power that they can lord over their fellow humans.  While those who seek to thwart the advance of the ancient Godlike aliens find themselves employing more and more extreme methods as the knowledge of the ancient ones grows and as the ancient ones themselves gain a larger foothold on this planet. They create societies that are just as secret of those contrived by their adversaries. They infiltrate organizations of hierarchical power, organized religions and scientific societies alike, in order to prevent information about the ancient ones from coming to light. They use alliances between royal families, corporations and shadow elements within nations to accomplish this goal, a goal which they pursue at all costs and by any means. And over many centuries, these organizations, institutions and alliances have grown both in power and in historic legacy becoming forces unto themselves developing their own intentions, desires and goals independent and apart from their original objectives. Secret societies spring up within secret societies like wheels within wheels and dark alliances are formed between members of the two opposing factions until the lines between the two been blurred so much so as to have lost all meaning. Plowing through the muddy waters of false allegiances, dividing shadow from light and serving as a beacon for all who oppose those who seek to unleash the ancient godlike beings upon our fragile world stands a small, rag-tag group of investigators... and their little dog fluffy." I wasn't familiar with the actual CoC rules system when I started that campaign.  I am more familiar with it now.  I like the simplicity of the system, but I am not keen on the skill/task test system of the straight percentile (with Hard and Extreme penalties and bonus and penalty dice).  I guess it makes for a simple system, but I think Hard and Extreme are too difficult.  And I like the bell curve achieved by adding dice (-ie- 3d6).  And Luck seems to play WAY too big of a role in the game.  I mean, I get that these are supposed to be ordinary people.  But it is hard to run an epic campaign when players are on their fifth character by the end.
Once again still  looking for a COC game
You and me both. I looked through the "find a game" and only really found 1 that could work.  I've only GM'd once for a short ( one session) one-shot within a game that our true GM was running so I already knew the rules. I'd try it again but I don't know if I'd be any good at it plus I'm poor so I don't have any books except free stuff :D
What timing! I just posted my Masks campaign. It's not 7th though but will still be a lot of fun.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4992011/lfp-call" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4992011/lfp-call</a>...
kinda far off
Are you wanting to learn CoC 7th ed or just play a game within the Cthulhu mythos? If it's the latter I might consider starting up a game using Cthulhu Dark, which is a free lighter version of CoC. If it's the former...I don't have the books but I might look into it.
Looking to play and learn Coc 7th .. current game or in a fairly close future game&nbsp;
and i have the investigators guide so making and investigator wont &nbsp;be hard
still looking for a coc &nbsp;game
Any Cthulhu out there
I have a bunch of CoC modules in 6th edition if you are willing to try that instead. Message me if you are interested.