Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Card Decks Dealing to Tokens

Im prepping for a Game of Deadlands and in some instances my players will be involved poker games with various NPCS, i know that players can be dealt cards for initiative and such  But is there a functinality  that would allow me to deal a poker hand to and NPC token ..? if so how does that work
does anybody know..?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no built-in means to do that. You could simply drag cards to the appropriate locations on the map. Beyond that, you'd need to create an API script, which requires that the campaign creator has a Pro subscription.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The problem with the API, though, is that it can't manipulate the deck directly, so if you were to use that for NPCs and deal cards to the PCs via the regular deck, then you're playing with two different decks. The wiki makes mention that they were going to be doing stuff with the API being able to interact with Decks, but it's been three years and I've never seen it happen, nor any mention that it will be... :-/ Alternatively, just deal the cards to yourself if you want the cards to remain a mystery to the PCs.
just looked and also theres no way to deal cards yo the vtt . so basicalu im forced to deal the cards to myself. so if i have 2 npcs in the game i have to deal 12 cards to myself with no way to seperate them 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
To deal directly to the VTT, you just drag and drop the cards on the table from the deck.  Slower, definitely (since it's one at a time), but would allow you to separate them.