Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Usability of tablets as an GM

Hello,  can anyone say something about the usability of roll20 on a tablet as a GM? Especially on an iPad, i'm interested in following things: - How can you do right-clicks (didn't get it to work by myself) - How will you do Alt or Shift combinations - Are there any "shortcuts" like change layer on a PC? Is the usability given in a general way? I mean, did someone use a tablet for all the tings, like set up maps, npc's and for playing itself? Thanks and have a nice day
For any kind of map functions, I would not attempt to use a Tablet to GM.  I've found the full Roll20 browser experience on the majority of tablets (not full PC's slates but tablets like iPad and Android tablets) to be frustratingly annoying to use. However, using a tablet with the roll20 app for character sheet and complex macro rolling has been a god-send in many of my games.  This is especially the case with anything having a complex roll action.  Two-Weapon-FIghting Rogues with four attacks and 7d6 damage on each one... Swashbucklers that have a lot of AttackOfOpportunity interrupts that require rolls,  just about any spell,  applying buffs to a character sheet instead of keeping track of various +/- etc. As far as double-clicking and other mechanical techniques, that's going to be entirely reliant on the tablet and browser combo that you're using.  ie: iPad vs Android vs. Surface,  firefox vs safari vs chrome vs edge, etc, etc.